XP Deus Backpack Options?

Dsm_mechva

Forum Supporter
It's probably posted here somewhere already, feel free to post the link if so.

Other than the camo XP Deus backpack which doesn't look very good to me and the Milspec Deus backpack which looks good but availability could be a problem and is somewhat expensive.

Are there any others anyone has found that it will fit in without hanging out of the top and etc. That are readily available and doesn't cost $150+

Feel free to post pictures ! Thank you.

Last edited:
Here's one I've been looking at, but I havnt bought it yet. Looks promising.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121255433520

Thanks, I had not seen that one in my search.

(Found it here a few $ cheaper and a few $ cheaper shipping too
http://www.mitechtrading.com/extreme-digital-camouflage-expandable-bottom-backpack-p-44092.html)

Maybe someone will post one they currently use and it may help us both :)

The Milspec Deus Backpack is 27.559" x 15.748" (700mm x 400mm) if that helps.

Last edited:
I'm also looking for a back pack for my Deus so that i can ride my bike to spots but don't really want to carry a ruck sack while biking. let me know if you find anything that works well.

I ordered the pack so as soon as it gets here I'll let you know what I think about it. To me, padding isn't really important. Just the ability to fit the deus, and a folding shovel inside without anything sticking out of the top. I'm sure with a little bit of creativity, one could add some foam and straps into the pack if necessary.

Sorry for the hijack buddy.... what happened to the T2?

no problem neighbor , I don't mind a hijack.

Well mainly due to all the hours I spent swinging the Atpro it eventually did a number on my arm I guess with it's front end heaviness , I did like the T2 it was better balanced but I decided I need to go lightweight if I want to continue to spend all day swinging so I had to cash them both in to afford the Deus.

no problem neighbor , I don't mind a hijack.

Well mainly due to all the hours I spent swinging the Atpro it eventually did a number on my arm I guess with it's front end heaviness , I did like the T2 it was better balanced but I decided I need to go lightweight if I want to continue to spend all day swinging so I had to cash them both in to afford the Deus.
I use a bungee cord of some type on every detector I use.

I used one of those canvas shoulder bags that comes with a fold-out chair. Then I used the bag for trash. Actually the bag was always intended to be used for trash but the Deus fit perfectly. Bag got dirty and didn't use it again to carry detector but if it was the sole purpose you could keep it clean. Those bags come in all colors, materials and sizes. Almost any garage sale is giving them away too.

Well...maybe I'll make one :lol:

It's not perfect but I made this cover until I can find a decent one.

Walmart reusable shopping bag and clear vinyl I had around. Rambo stitched together with some fishing line and some flexible adhesive around the screen ..then stitched also.

Just to keep the dirt off....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,505
Thanks, turned out better than I thought it would at least :lol:

fantastic, I can't wait to hear the results on the backpack!

Received the backpack today. Havnt used it in the field but it should be perfect for what I intend to use it for. Fits the deus easily without breaking it down. There's a flap inside that the coil fits perfectly into to keep it from shifting around inside the pack. I can fit my small shovel in as well, with room to spare. It has one mesh pocket inside that can hold the control box, pinpointer, or whatever you may want to store. Two more pockets on the outside which are big enough for headphones, water bottles or other items. It has many strap options and adjustments including a chest and waist strap. The pack fully extended hangs down even with my gluteous maximus lol. For some reason it will only let me upload one picture at a time so starting off is the pack next to the deus for a size comparison.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,120
Back
Top Bottom