National Metal Detecting Day -Minelab Days-Illinois

AIRFORCEMIKE

Forum Supporter
Just trying to see if and who's going this weekend. I make this trip every year and this year will be HUGE, over 25k in prizes and I will be hanging out with KG and the crew from Diggers on Friday night for a "Meet and Greet"

Would love to meet up with a few of you if your going.

Let me know!!

Good Luck and HH
AFM

I'll be there with my son aka 'silver sniffer'. I hope my back holds up. Have not done much detecting the past couple years because of it.. Looks like a very good chance of rain so be prepared!

Do the whole metal detecting world a favor, and punch KG in the mouth, and tell him to stop acting like a fool on that show. He and his sidekick are giving metal detectorists a bad reputation for being idiots.

Enjoy your trip! :D

Do the whole metal detecting world a favor, and punch KG in the mouth, and tell him to stop acting like a fool on that show. He and his sidekick are giving metal detectorists a bad reputation for being idiots.

Enjoy your trip! :D

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Why are those goof balls at the minelab event?

I would love to join you Mike, but i bet they would frown on my AT PRO:lol::laughing:

Lol, oh no their is about every detector imaginable there. Lori will swing her 3030 then covert to her Mojave ...it's always a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minelab days?

Question: Is there a dress code? Secret handshakes and code words needed to get in?

Being its Minelab, I would Imagine so!...Top Shelf!

Everybody dressed to the nines in tails and tophats like Mr Peanut?..Rolls Royces and Bentleys out front? Perhaps Riva Aquaramas pulled up to the Country Club jetty? Maybe a few 36' triple cockpit Hacker Rum runners and possibly even a Hereshoff rag bagger or two just to add a bit of decency and flair?

A discreet Boston Pop quality Symphony providing live background music? YoYo Ma gently wailing away on the Cello perhaps? Face painting for the kiddies by Wayland? Imported Australian Barrier reef tiger prawn cocktails served on hand chipped ice from the Spitzbergen glacier? Truffles? Belgian chocolate? Cuban cigars? ...You know, standard...

Oh Man! I dont know if I can make it though? My BMW is in the shop for its yearly checkover...Besides, I just got back from the Garrett yearly rondesvouz!...It was catered by White Castle and Sams Club! Sponsored by Budweiser and Marlboro! Galvanized horse trough even! I think it was the leftovers from a Bassmasters or Noodling tournament?....We all had fun though..footwear was optional and smoking was encouraged...We laughed and giggled long into the night! One guy even had some bottle rockets!...

So I dont know if I can make it to this 'Minelab Daze' thingy... I gotta get My dock put in!...not me per se, but somebody has to sit under an umbrella and direct traffic right? I might make it to the upcoming 'Tesoro Days' gathering this year though? Mainly for the food....Hotpockets and Kettlecorn! Bring a dish to pass! :laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
Minelab days?

Question: Is there a dress code? Secret handshakes and code words needed to get in?

Everybody dressed to the nines in tails and tophats like Mr Peanut?..Rolls Royces and Bentleys out front? Perhaps Riva Aquaramas pulled up to the Country Club jetty? Maybe a few 36' triple cockpit Hacker Rum runners and possibly even a Hereshoff rag bagger or two just to add a bit of decency and flair?

A discreet Boston Pop quality Symphony providing live background music? YoYo Ma gently wailing away on the Cello perhaps? Face painting for the kiddies by Wayland? Imported Australian Barrier reef tiger prawn cocktails served on hand chipped ice from the Spitzbergen glacier? Truffles? Belgian chocolate? Cuban cigars? ...You know, standard...

Oh Man! I dont know if I can make it though? My BMW is in the shop for its yearly checkover...Besides, I just got back from the Garrett yearly rondesvouz!...It was catered by White Castle and Sams Club! Sponsored by Budweiser and Marlboro! Galvanized horse trough even! I think it was the leftovers from a Bassmasters or Noodling tournament?....We all had fun though..footwear was optional and smoking was encouraged...We laughed and giggled long into the night! One guy even had some bottle rockets!...

So I dont know if I can make it to this 'Minelab Daze' thingy... I gotta get My dock put in!...not me per se, but somebody has to sit under an umbrella and direct traffic right? I might make it to the upcoming 'Tesoro Days' gathering this year though? Mainly for the food....Hotpockets and Kettlecorn! Bring a dish to pass! :laughing::laughing:

:shock: :no2::dontthinkso::no: That boy ain't right. :(

What in Tarnation?

:?::dash2::coolman::dash2::dash2:
My head is spinning.

Minelab days?

Back
Top Bottom