• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New Hampshire last attempt

hunter081

Elite Member
I tried a few times locating anyone in New Hampshire who would like to detect. Im in Lebanon but have transportation. Anyone, anyone??

I would love to meet up with someone to detect. I am in southern NH and was just thinking of posting if anyone would like to meet, I wouldn't mind taking a day trip. Unfortunately there are a couple of caveats, or at least things you should know first:

1. I am female. I am very happily married, but I do NOt want to start trouble with anyone's wife when I show up at the door when she is expecting her hubby to go metal detecting with a dude, and instead there's a chick on the doorstep waiting to spend the day with her hubby out in the woods.

2. being female, I am RAD trained in self defense, and I am a hell of a shot. leave it at I am not worried about heading off in the woods with a stranger. better yet if we hit some parks or somewhere more public.

3. I am a weekend warrior metal detector. I am just learning a lot of stuff and I would actually appreciate advice, so dont feel like I would be insulted if you gave me some pointers. I would appreciate them.

4. finally, I have a health condition and we would be proceeding a little slow. It's called POTS, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, and what that means is that I can and often do pass out upon standing. I never lose conciousness but all the up and down of metal detecting will often put me on the ground. My metal detecting partner now doesn't even stop swinging. just glances over, makes sure I didn't hit my head, and continues on. no need to panic or call 911, its the best thing for me. I will even out and get up shortly.

so if you can live with all that...hit me up! I am not working because of number 4, and would love to go hit new places

Ya mental detector. The guy that responded to you below with the screen name "seaninNH" is a friend of mine and we hunt together. He is a great guy. He and I only do it once a week but I hunt everyday. I am available pretty much anytime. On another note
1. I too and happily married and my wife is here reading this with me and she sometimes hunts. She is ok with me and any hunting partner weather male or female. She is a RN at Dartmouth Hitchcock.
2. Im retired. Law enforcement background
3. Your condition that you described is ok. I understand life gives everyone a little something different. However we hunt mostly in wooded areas where sometimes no cell reception is available but if you are comfortable in that situation than that's fine by me
4. I would love to teach you what I know and some things I have learned over the years. By no means at all am I a professional but I have detected for many years and collected artifacts almost my entire life. So id'ing whatever you pulled out of the ground comes naturally. With the excepton of coins. Im not good on coins.
5. I have transportation and can meet at different locations.
6. I do carry a side arm while detecting alone. When SeaninNH detects with me im comfortable to be in a area without a sidearm. However out in the woods by myself I carry.

Otherwise than that if youd like to meet up sometime that would be outstanding. I have a few spots lined up and I can get with sean as well and maybe we could do a hunt all together :)
p.s. you are more than welcome to do a meet and greet with my wife. She is great and outstanding. No drama here :)

Fantastic! I am an RN too. Currently not working because it does not help patient confidence when you pass out on them. lol. sounds like fun, I am available most every day, also carry a side arm, and am dying to hit some cellar holes because I love relics! Lets do it!

Fantastic! I am an RN too. Currently not working because it does not help patient confidence when you pass out on them. lol. sounds like fun, I am available most every day, also carry a side arm, and am dying to hit some cellar holes because I love relics! Lets do it!

ok sweet. pm me when your ready :)
im in Lebanon. may I ask where you are??

I am in Brookline, NH. No problem for me to hop on 89 and head your way...I am a little busy tomorrow and weekend but monday through wednesday is wide open

Hi guys and gal... :)

I'd be interested in an outing as well. At the moment I am on the NH seacoast but that changes in 3 weeks. We relocate to the Central NH each summer when the kids are out of school.

I also have a LE background (retired PO), am happily married, enjoy long moonlit walks... Lol - sorry. Couldn't resist.

I have my own business (flexible hours) so days are better than later when kids activities kick in.

If we could find a spot around Concord, that would be equal distance for all of us. Just a thought. Anyways feel free to PM me. I have some friends around there and could ask.

Back
Top Bottom