• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sweet 1899 indian head!

Jeff R

Elite Member
Found this and a 1929 murc today. I was amazed at the condition. It is more green than the picture shows. I have a little more picking to do with a tooth pick.

1899ih.JPG

1899ihb.JPG

davyo

very nice indian, and has 1 diamond too, very nice .:yes:

Nice!

Really great condition Jeff!! What sort of an area did it turn up in?

davyo: I'm kinda new at this, so what does..."has 1 diamond..." signify?

I'm not the one who told you about the diamond, but it means you can see one diamond at the end of of his head dress ribbon torward the bottom of the indians neck. It signifies that it in GREAT condition! I like the fact that you can see the detals in the feathers very well!

Congrats on the find!

Like I said it is much greener and darker than the picture.
I found it in a river bank (well- at leased VERY close to one) nice sandy soil. Easy diggn. It was covered with that black crusty film. With a little petroleum jelly and tooth brush she cleaned up great.

Thanks for the info.... diamonds hmmmmmm

and thanks for looking.
Jeff

Congrats on the very nice IH Jeff! The few I found this summer also had that black crude on them that is really tough to remove. I will have to try the petroleum jelly trick.

nice one..........looks like a fatty

Fatties (a.k.a. Copper-Nickel) Indians were minted from 1859 till 1864 ('64 was a transition year when the mint switched the metallic composition to Bronze). In other words some, 1864s are thick and whitish in color, and some are coppery in color and much thinner.

Harley-Dog

Back
Top Bottom