Another great day of coin spills!

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, headed out to my latest wooded park area to take the 'ol AT gold for a walk. Spent about 3 hours out there, and my first signal was the war nickel passing through an area I have already scanned pretty well...so I made my way out further into the woods to an area I have avoided for a long time. Its always a trash pit, homeless camps everywhere, pull tabs, beer cans, melted pieces of aluminum that sound JUST like a coin, you name it. I never really gave it the chance it deserved. I knew it was there, I was just never willing to deal with the barrage of tones in each and every sweep... Well today I gave it a go, and after 2.5 hours all I had was that war nickel from the first area, and about 11 wheats :no: finally I got a descent wheat signal, and sure enough a wheat popped out, rescan the hole, a 1936 merc comes out, and finally another wheat. That's when things got even better, about a foot away, I get a really good quarter signal, fully expecting a Washington, MAYBE a stander, but instead, a gorgeous 1909 D barber quarter comes out! But wait, there's more :cool3: rescan the hole again, and I'm getting a nice squeaky dime signal in the same plug. Sure enough, a worn 1898 barber dime! I got both barber's on video too! https://youtu.be/5BneFUzFacg. Not the best video I'm sure, shot with my camera phone, but a live dig nonetheless! The barber dime is uploaded seperately, should have rescanned the hole while filming the quarter :roll: also added some pretty interesting relics. Hoping to get out there again tomorrow for a couple hours, if anything shows up, ill be sure to report back. I appreciate the looks, and happy hunting everyone!

Attachments

• 0812191420_Film4.jpg
    0812191420_Film4.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 436
  • 0812191420c_Film4.jpg
    0812191420c_Film4.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 376
  • 0812191420b_Film4.jpg
    0812191420b_Film4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 403
  • 0812191420a_Film4.jpg
    0812191420a_Film4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 415
You’re killing it cd. Don’t know when I’ll be able to get out again.

Super hunt finds…….well worth the effort of having to sift through all the junk. Good luck if and when you go back there. I watched your video and was glad to see that you didn't nick the Barber Quarter with the shovel.:D

Super hunt finds…….well worth the effort of having to sift through all the junk. Good luck if and when you go back there. I watched your video and was glad to see that you didn't nick the Barber Quarter with the shovel.:D

Yea I was A little relentless on that one, but I knew it wasn't all that deep, and after 6 years of using the AT series, have gotten pretty good at pinpointing. Although the shallow targets seem to be the hardest to pinpoint for me, glad this one was not harmed in the process :D appreciate the look and comment Ed!

Congrats on the great finds!

You’re killing it cd. Don’t know when I’ll be able to get out again.

Nice Barber Q. I havent dug a silver quarter since April

Congrats on those real deal kind of finds!

Congrats! Looks like a nice spot you found.

That's a KILLER Barber quarter, love it!

Congrats on the awesome finds.

HD
Thanks everyone!

Your on a great roll Jeff. Congrats on the 4 Silvers and all those Wheat's. Coin spills really makes the count rise. hope this run continues on the return trip. Trapper

Your on a good site. That little blacksmith pendant is very cool. Congrats and good luck with that place...

Back
Top Bottom