The White Sands of Connecticut

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
My Lab likes going for rides in the truck after her morning walk and was going to walk her at the beach but not today... I got out of the truck and the wind cut right through me :lol: 17 degree's temps with a stiff wind off the water sent me back to the truck after a few minutes :lol:

First 2 pictures are at the bottom of the slope looking up towards the dry sand..

Last 3 are of the flats and the water...

Was a challenge walking on the frozen sea foam...

No way I would have detected today :laughing:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 397
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 397
  • 004 (2).jpg
    004 (2).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 398
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 395
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 400
If you see Curt, tell him to pack a thin windbreaker for Fl. He may start sweating down here.:lol:

C'mon Craig, I see plenty of detectable sand down by the water...I bet you could have even talked your lab into helping you dig. I did 6 hours in that cold today, my left thumb may need to be amputated due to frostbite.:laughing: Of course I'm kidding but when I got back to the car I actually had that thought for a few minutes until it thawed out.:lol: Thanks for the pics.

Nice photos. When the snow melts please take some more pics of where you dig. I see a higher area in the top photos. Is that a cut going up to the dry sand or someones lawn?

cabin fever here also :no: didn't even bother to check.. froze solid,,, umm a rain dance is in order:D ((probly snow ..again)):no::no::no::no:

Nice photos. When the snow melts please take some more pics of where you dig. I see a higher area in the top photos. Is that a cut going up to the dry sand or someones lawn?

Over the years I hammered that beach pulling lots of old gold and silver from but today its pretty quiet... I still go there when I am bored with my other spots... that cut is two feet of solid ice and frozen sea foam...

C'mon Craig, I see plenty of detectable sand down by the water...I bet you could have even talked your lab into helping you dig. I did 6 hours in that cold today, my left thumb may need to be amputated due to frostbite.:laughing: Of course I'm kidding but when I got back to the car I actually had that thought for a few minutes until it thawed out.:lol: Thanks for the pics.

Been there done that a few years ago... promised myself if there was wind and the temps were in the teens I would not hunt... I have to work in it, it doesn't mean I have to play in it to :lol: I'll wait for the temps to hit at least 30 ;)

good golly, we are still chilly here with 70 degrees,,,,I think we are going to get lows near 40 on weds morning,,,,old mother winter is being a bad lady this year,,,,do you guys carry a snow shovel to clear the snow and ice before you start hunting,,,,:laughing:seriously though, I really give you guys credit for some of the conditions you are hunting in,,,,,I hope you are able to get back out soon,,,,,GL HH

If you see Curt, tell him to pack a thin windbreaker for Fl. He may start sweating down here.:lol:

Thanks itsa, I'll probably want to stay once I'm down there. I am going to see Craig before I come down. (Need some practice, been awhile....:D)

Back
Top Bottom