Found gold today!

Roger B

Forum Supporter
Hit the beach today and it was brisk :cold1: and windy :windy: I connected with Salem Scott and it was a pleasure. A really nice guy!
We scoured an area of the beach that was producing targets and it was so windy it was hard to stand up, Lol, but we stuck it out. The gold was eluding us and Scott had to leave but just as he was going out of view I get a solid foil signal, and we all know that on the beach foil signals are your friend :) I dug a scoop full and in the pile I see the hint of gold. Can it be?? Well, there it was, a 10k ring with 3 Topaz stones and 4 small diamonds (confirmed by jeweler). Yipee!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 829
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 755
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 763
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 834
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 894
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 761
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 748
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 736
Last edited:
Wow, that is a pretty little ring. It was great meet you too Roger and thank you for the tips for finding gold on the beach. I have a feeling that advice is going to raise my gold totals for the year in a big way.:D When Roger said it was WINDY he wasn't kidding. There were periods where I had to stop swinging or digging and just stand still until the gust died down. I'll be back to that beach tomorrow to look for your rings bigger, higher carat brother.:laughing: Congratulations.

Nice hunt.... I know what you guys have to go through to get in a hunt like that.... it isn't pleasant and it isn't easy this time of year! Kudos for a job well done!
Nice ring.....

Cliff

Good job Roger... I wanted to hunt today but our tides are in the afternoon plus its snowing so I wanted to be close in case my commercial accounts were to call for service... what is the weight on the ring? it looks fairly thick.

Back
Top Bottom