Minelab Really Disappointed Me

fsa46

Forum Supporter
I called Minelab six times today and never got to speak to a person. I tried every department, plus tried to talk to the operator and always got a recording. Terrible , IMHO.

All I wanted to do was to get a date of purchase on a GT I just received and see how much warranty is left on it. Yes, I did send them an email requesting the same info, but being the inpatient person I am I wanted to call. Haven't received a reply yet, but that's understandable....nobody to answer the phone isn't.

If you call Sweet Home, you not only get an answer but know the person that's going to answer, Mary Ann. Gotta love Whites.

You're not going to believe this. After I made the above post I checked my email and had a email from the gentleman I bought the machine from. He told me he sent Minelab an email a week ago requesting the same information and still hasn't received a reply. What the he$$ is going on with them ?

Probably long gone out of warranty. I will take it off your hands :)

They were kind of sketchy with me when I had my excal in for repairs. Customer service is not their strong point but do do make good machines.

It would be nice if you could go through the dealer that you bought it from for warranty work:)

I've been waiting 15 days for my ctx3030 replacement coil to come in the mail. 15 days ago they called me saying it was being shipped out... No tracking number. Typical Minelab.

They've all been temporarily shifted to R & D to develop a pinpointer to compete with Garrett and White's. :D

As mentioned they make great machines, but their customer service is hit or miss (With a lot more misses than hits :lol:). I do have to say that in the past few years they have been getting a little better. Perhaps by the time they're building the Excal IIII they will be comparable to Garrett or White's in the customer service department.

"Perhaps by the time they're building the Excal IIII they will be comparable to Garrett or White's in the customer service department."

Not likely!!! Both companies have a long history of providing outstanding service and take great pride in their well earned reputations!! :thumbsup:

CJ

I love my Minelabs but hate their customer service. Only ig Garret or Whites could compete in the detector department then I would be all over it. :laughing::laughing:

That is why.....................I

I own an Excalibur and love it. It is because of the above reasons I bought a CZ21, as my second water machine. I would have loved to buy another Excalibur but did not want to run the chance of having to deal with their customer service department when I am Skypeing from Mexico.

I'll buy another Minelab when they bring back the GT and not until.... or I'll stick to buying their used machines either another GT or an Excal1000 I will not touch their lime green imitation Excals...:D

Minelab doesn't need good customer service to sell machines. They have reputations for being the the top choice coin shooters, beach machines and gold prospecting machines out there.

You only need customer support when you make machines that need repairs all the time. Sorry Whites and Garrett.

Your right, Minelab would rather have some suckers who just throw the old broken excal or 3030 in the trash when it breaks and buy a new Excal 10000 or CTX 4040. :laughing:

Minelab doesn't need good customer service to sell machines. They have reputations for being the the top choice coin shooters, beach machines and gold prospecting machines out there.

Therein lies the paradox , if I was gonna spend all that money on one of these machines , which you are right they have an excellent reputation , I would want to know that customer service was there for me should I have a problem or even just a simple question. Even if I just wanted to say hey guys you are doing a great job I would hope someone cared enough about their reputation to answer the phone. But if they are only there for you up until the point of sale and then forget about you afterward that seems a little shady to me. Not that my opinion means anything , just thought I would add the next logical comment :lol:

Back
Top Bottom