Hi from New Mexico

Thanks to all of you for the welcomes. I feel like this is a place I can kick off my boots and crack a cold one.

bATNVXg.gifv
Welcome Neighbor, from a dusty spot right down the road! We're glad you're here!

bATNVXg.gif

Welcome from Boston, Skipjack. I like your Calvin & Hobbs profile picture. I miss seeing that strip since the Boston Globe stopped carrying it several years ago.

Thanks Jimther.
The C&H graphic is a reference to my Atomic Death Toboggan:

Attachments

• fast-company.jpg
    fast-company.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 34
Welcome from a former Nuevo Mexico resident! Wish I had been detecting when I lived out there. Good luck and H.H.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Nailfinder! Where did you move to? I just got permission to search an old airfield out here.

Live in Kentucky now, moved in 2016 but spent 10 years living between Burque town and Pecos. Not the old airfield near NMMI by chance is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, this is the old 1st Aero Squadron field next to Columbus. The squadron was based there during the 1916 punitive expedition searching for Pancho Villa.

I think what you photographed is a Cessna Agwagon based out of Deming. A crop duster.
But yes, I sometimes fly that low.

Funniest crop duster I've ever seen. I caught it by accident while on a drive shooting some mountain landscapes, thought I had caught a drug mule flying low when I found it later. Didn't realize there were any "crops" in that part of the desert. Thanks for enlightening me.

Good luck with the old air base, looked like a desolate place when I drove by. Lots of history there. Happy Hunting!

Back
Top Bottom