New Member in SW New Mexico searching for a New Forum

Good morning! Not the facebook photog, but I did publish a book (that I will NOT promote here). Yeah, the Site That Shall Not Be Named, hereafter known as STSNBN), had me walking on eggshells. I had sarcastic posts removed regarding another post fishing for venture capitalists and a cache on an unnamed island.:p

Whaa......no Sarcasm allowed? Ha! I always appreciate a sarcastic wit, but beware, there is one here who mistakes smarmy self promotion for sarcasm. One must realize that for sarcasm to be considered witty....it must be accompanied by a sense of humor. ;) Something severely lacking in STSNBN.

:wine2:

From my backyard.

Nice! :bowdown:

My backyard.......

DdkrJkFl.jpg

vKGSCpyl.jpg

Neat pics everyone !!!! :thumbsup:

my side yard from a few days ago, deer and turkey (another deer and turkey showed up moments later) they were only about 30 feet from the side of our house :shock:
(took picture thru a window from inside) (back yard goes into woods also)
20190819_deer_turkey.jpg

Neat pics everyone !!!! :thumbsup:

my side yard from a few days ago, deer and turkey (another deer and turkey showed up moments later) they were only about 30 feet from the side of our house :shock:
(took picture thru a window from inside) (back yard goes into woods also)
View attachment 448553

Beautiful place, Gary! Reminds me of home back in the Ozarks, and makes me miss deer jerky, Wild Turkey, and taking my city friends on snipe hunts. Closest I get now is mountain goats, horned toads, and roadrunners. Sure miss all that green grass and woods. Looks like you live in Paradise. :bowdown:

Beautiful place, Gary! Reminds me of home back in the Ozarks, and makes me miss deer jerky, Wild Turkey, and taking my city friends on snipe hunts. Closest I get now is mountain goats, horned toads, and roadrunners. Sure miss all that green grass and woods. Looks like you live in Paradise. :bowdown:

Thanks, it is a welcome change from years ago when we lived in a city, much better than looking outside and seeing paved streets and brick walls of buildings.

It is a bit of work keeping our 1 1/2 acres somewhat mowed, our property line goes a little ways back onto the woods, but I view it as free exercise :lol:

Exactly. It's called feeding the trolls. The attention hounds.

But that begs the questions, why do people buy into the BS and why is it allowed?

Because trolls like that post their garbage all over the net and in the process create 'artificial facts' that the less diligent and gullible take as Truth. And that particular forum's chief moderator, a troll in his own right, is famous for promoting these 'Artificial Facts'. Whatever it takes to get more 'hits' and drive advertising dollars into the forum's pockets. They don't care how many are deceived or who's pockets they are mining.

Of course the trolls know this, and use the forum's internet ranking (achieved deservedly by the FORMER owner, not the current ones) to spread their BS and make it appear legit. And any person of Reason who speaks up and attempts to question their validity and inform the public they are being deceived, gets the axe.

Thankfully, it appears to have backfired on them. The post count has dropped so badly that in order to keep a daily post count above 200, they use shills like the bumper sticker salesman and Parrot Bots to flood the forum on a daily basis. Even then the 24 hr post count drops below 200 several times each day. It must be a full time job making all those nonsensical posts to keep the advertising dollars flowing.

It's a downright shame to see all the BS flowing out of that sewer right into the public domain.

Yes, it's nonsense of the worst kind. But nonsense that profits from deception. And I may be speaking out of turn here, but I feel that Tom and I are like minded in calling out the deception when we see it. I couldn't care less about the Trolls themselves. The irony is they wouldn't have a voice if not promoted and protected by those making a profit. Period.

I shall step down from my soap box now.

Excuse the rant.

:dash2:

Didn't think it was possible for that place to sink any lower, but apparently it is. :roll:

Just heard that, today, one of their Moderators (low man on the totem pole) called out a photo I had previously posted (several months ago) as an "Anasazi Kill Pot", and insinuated that I am an illegal grave robber (while knowing I am gone and wouldn't be there to defend myself). Luckily, someone spoke out at the outrageous LIE.

The photo in question was a Well Known example of MIMBRES pottery pulled from Wiki, which I had used along with a few others, as an example of the cultural history of the area I was exploring.

And this particular Mod presents himself to be an Expert in Native American Artifacts? :facepalm:

A Prime Example of how far they will go to discredit members who post documented FACTS, while protecting the Ones Selling Snake Oil. :no:

Why am I not surprised. I can honestly say I feel sad for the good people of Tennessee for having someone like this representing you. You have my utmost sympathy.

:sorry:

Didn't think it was possible for that place to sink any lower, but apparently it is. :roll: ....

thanx for the update. What a crying shame. Because it otherwise has a good layout, and a lot of traffic :no:

Back
Top Bottom