Mexican Two Reale and Phoenix button

Very nice Tom! Would love to find stuff that old up here in Montana. Probably only some of the old Western Indian Forts might have a button that old, probably no Spanish coins ever!

Another MONSTER find from Tom "The Treasure Legend" Cob ! Nice. Now how about taking me to a spot like that next year ? I will be up your way for a wedding , I gotta hunt somewhere.

Got out to one of my "back-pocket" sites yesterday. This site has given up about 8 or 10 reales to be over the years, a few early seateds, a $5 gold, and all sort of period buttons and relics. Buddies of mine have pulled similar coins from the site.

It's getting pretty stingy these days (have to explore further and further into outer-lying zones), but was able to eek out a few keepers yesterday.

Notice the giant piece of blacksmithed "green copper". That was a foot down, and took me 10 minutes to get out of the hard ground. Kept hoping it was the top of a box full of coins, haha

As "meaty" as the real is, yet ... for some strange reason, the place where the date would be is either worn off, or a scratch was there, or ?

And the phoenix buttons are always a fun find. Circulated on the west coast from the 1810s to the 1830s or so.

That's a good site, Tom! Thanks for sharing. That's pretty dang cool.

weird about the date being missing from the Reale.

Skippy

Got out to one of my "back-pocket" sites yesterday. This site has given up about 8 or 10 reales to be over the years, a few early seateds, a $5 gold, and all sort of period buttons and relics. Buddies of mine have pulled similar coins from the site.

It's getting pretty stingy these days (have to explore further and further into outer-lying zones), but was able to eek out a few keepers yesterday.

Notice the giant piece of blacksmithed "green copper". That was a foot down, and took me 10 minutes to get out of the hard ground. Kept hoping it was the top of a box full of coins, haha

As "meaty" as the real is, yet ... for some strange reason, the place where the date would be is either worn off, or a scratch was there, or ?

And the phoenix buttons are always a fun find. Circulated on the west coast from the 1810s to the 1830s or so.

the "reales" are found next to the large cents here! tom!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

:hornetsnest:I am having a hard time believing all those Reales, I think that someone is mailing them to you Tom and it seems the mail is quicker than back east!:sissyfight:

In all honesty though, reale nice finds!

:hornetsnest:I am having a hard time believing all those Reales, I think that someone is mailing them to you Tom and it seems the mail is quicker than back east!:sissyfight: ...

Ah c'mon rusty, I guess I had that coming to me, eh ? :laughing: :sissyfight:

hey folks : The next day, I got a Britannia copper (1806 I think), and another 2 reale. They are both "environmentally challenged", so I am still working on some ID's and pictures. Came from another "backpocket" site here in CA. Will post them in the week or two to follow

New theory, you recycled an old Mexican 2 Reales you found and wiped the date clean with Photoshop to make us believe you "found another" 2 reales ;-)

All kidding aside, great find Tom. You continue to amaze. I hope to find just a single reale coin in my life. I know there are at least a few buried up here in Washington!

Congrats on the finds Tom! What a satisfying feeling pulling some quality keepers from a site you’ve hit before.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom