Took a walk out to barber park the other day

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, made it back to barber park for a short hunt on Wednesday, and a little bit longer on Thursday, for a total of about 5 hours. First day I hit the 1913 barber dime, a 1885 injun and a few wheats. Thursday's h hunt was much better, I started working a new hill but in the same park and got a good high tone on the explorer at 4". It was pinpointing rather large though so I didn't get my hopes up. Out pops the bicycle emblem, rescan and there's still a really nice signal in the hole. Next scoop of dirt she was looking at me, a 1928 S walker half, in rough condition. Been years since I've seen a walker, actually I've dug 3 barber halfs since my last walker, and still dont have a Benjamin! Got out with Dirty-bob yesterday at one of his parks, and ended the day with 7 wheats and no silver. Bob hit a 1899 barber quarter and a 1920 merc just before we left. Not sure when my next hunt will be, might get out later today. Until next time, thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• 0822190918_Film4.jpg
    0822190918_Film4.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 0822192126_Film4.jpg
    0822192126_Film4.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 190
  • 0822192127_Film4.jpg
    0822192127_Film4.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 195
  • 0822192127a_Film4.jpg
    0822192127a_Film4.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 201
You are really on a very fine roll Jeff. Congrats on the Silver's, specially the older Walker, the Indian along with all the Wheat's. Some very impressive finds of late, hope this run stays with you foe a good while. Trapper

Very nice finds! Big Silver in the hole is always great, and that bicycle bade is really cool, another nice hunt for you!

I cant believe you're finding so much on public ground! Congrats.

You are really on a very fine roll Jeff. Congrats on the Silver's, specially the older Walker, the Indian along with all the Wheat's. Some very impressive finds of late, hope this run stays with you foe a good while. Trapper

Very nice finds! Big Silver in the hole is always great, and that bicycle bade is really cool, another nice hunt for you!

I cant believe you're finding so much on public ground! Congrats.

Appreciate it guys! I could never find a spot like this in an open "field/park" around here. I stick to the woods surrounding parks, and it always seems to work for me. Good luck out there!

Great hunt . You are definitely having a good year . The coin gods are feeling a bit sorry for ya after hockey season:laughing:

Man... I dream of finding a spot like that to hunt!
Another great outing Jeff, Congrats on the big silver and all the rest!
That bicycle badge is a sweet find all by itself but with a Walker in the hole, absolutely fantastic!!

Back
Top Bottom