Mold Makers or Sculpters here? Need help

TheCoilist

Elite Member
Okay... so living on a farm these days has its advantages, but it's also very rural (no big cities that I am used to with niche shops, etc).

I have a project coming up (TV/Film) and I need to create a prosthetic of sorts. I have no problem lifecasting pieces, but I have never had to do an actual wearable prosthetic piece that will change the shape of the fingers and hand.

So, for the mold makers and sculpters who may know something about this, how do I go about making a hollow mold of some fingers and the hand? Usually, a life cast makes a solid cast. I am thinking I need to create a 3 part mold? But any ideas on how to do that?

Google Searches have come up empty! I am reaching and grabbing at straws here now! lol

I'm not a mold maker or sculpter myself, but I enjoy a challenge to try to find help online, and you were right, this is one of those things where it is not easy finding the right info for what you are looking for :lol:

Anyhow, I did find a result that MIGHT be of some help:

On the link below, scroll down to where it says:

"Slip Latex Hand from a Life Casting"

"This will create a hollow latex hand. The video, "Latex Mask Making from Start to Finish" is recommended."

(they have contact info at the bottom of the page if you need further help)

https://www.fxsupply.com/mold_cast/fake_hands.html

Thanks for the time to research, but unfortunately it won’t work for my purpose. We need to use a platinum based silicone as the final product due to potential allergies on set.

It’s definitely s tricky situation. I’ve not heard back from some of masters of this craft on other forums. There must be something to this. I may be over thinking it but I can’t see where. Lol

Back
Top Bottom