Boat Didn't Turn out so Next Best Thing

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Pouring rain and I didn't want to take it out. So guess what? Yep, you guessed. Went and talked to the harbormaster. He didn't ask for my commercial diving certificate. He asked me if I had all the required gear. I said yes. He said where is your partner. I said there is no law against diving alone. Took my information and that was it. I will play the game even though there is no law that makes me. He just wants to be able to control anybody in the river.

Went for one whole dive and brought up 8 targets. Came up to a missed call. Another drowned phone. Went and fetched that and came home.

Best of the targets were a 10K ring and a 1944 quarter. That little metal shovel with the metal handle is pretty unique also. Ring is 1.45G 10K at 24.00 I made a little over 4X that on the phone.

Good Save! And Good to see you on the trail of gold! One question, seems they said they wanted to see your finds? :shock:

Good Save! And Good to see you on the trail of gold! One question, seems they said they wanted to see your finds? :shock:

Yep, I showed them. I HOPE they don't tell their buddies on the Detroit dive team. I am waiting for that next.

I am thinking some of my finds are going to vanish into fat air. Will see what I bring up in the future.

One thing most never see, is the work and skill required. I think you will be safe.

I love the shovel...that's the sort of finds I really like....the "oddball" finds that aren't necessarily valuable monetarily....but priceless to the finder.

As for the harbormaster, sometimes it's easier to let people think that they're in control...it makes life easier. Kind of like how my wife lets me think that I have some say in the decorating of the house...or what I make her for dinner...or when I make plans :)

:dingding:Congrats on the yellow and for making money on your fun pursuits of helping others out.

I love your stories and finds. Do you mentor anyone in your area? The things you could teach to someone just getting into both hobbies!

Back
Top Bottom