• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finds from a few hunts, NOX finally gets silver and a return

Steve77

Elite Member
I've been meaning to post some finds from my recent water hunts, but life has been hectic. It has been way to hot for me to play in the dirt, so I have to pick days that I have time to get to the water. I've hit 2 local beaches a few times each and found several junk rings and clad as well as the other random stuff. A few wheat cents, but nothing great coin wise. I've been using the nox, but the silver has eluded me terribly since I switched from the ATP.

I found a Titanium wedding band several weeks ago at a Township park beach. It was my first wedding band which was kinda neat, but It would have been more exciting if it was a precious metal. It had a camouflage inlay around the band.

I have also been hitting a church camp beach and that has turned up 2 silvers this week. one marked sterling and one .925. I went back this afternoon and was trying to find more. About a half hour into my hunt, a family shows up and starts swimming. As usual, they ask if I'm finding much and I tell them that I haven't found anything valuable, just a couple coins today. He tells me that he lost a ring in the lake. I told him to show me where and I would try to find it. He mentions that he lost it at the township park beach. I asked him to describe it and he tells me that it was a titanium band with camouflage! He was shocked when I told him I had his ring at home. His wife came over and showed me her ring, exact same as the one I found only smaller! I had them follow me the 2 miles home and returned the ring to it's happy owners!

Can anyone tell me anything about the ring with the mother of pearl stone with the orange center? it looks like the orange grew in the mother of pearl, but I haven't seen anything like it before.

mQIBaae.jpg

35fcl4W.jpg

iBKuAcx.jpg

ivRGjJu.jpg

xetWXO9.jpg

5i6xR21.jpg

That wheatie is in decent shape. Next time get a pic on your ring return, its always nice to see that even if it wasn't gold. :yes:

That wheatie is in decent shape. Next time get a pic on your ring return, its always nice to see that even if it wasn't gold. :yes:

My wife said the same thing, she suggested the two rings together. I'm weird about asking anyone for anything. I am also weird about posting pictures of people online. Not that I really think they would mind, I just feel odd about it for some reason.

Thanks everyone! I set a goal of 2 pieces of gold this season so I'm trying to put the time in and make it happen. Gold seems so scarce here. I've found one gold class ring and one gold ear ring in the last five years. I put in lots of hours and dig lots of nickels and pull tabs. I'm hoping that I can reach my goal.

I haven't been out much myself, I just can't take this heat either.
Congratulations on some beautiful rings, makes me want to try the water again.

I haven't been out much myself, I just can't take this heat either.
Congratulations on some beautiful rings, makes me want to try the water again.

Thanks guys! My silver numbers per hour of detecting are way higher in the water than on land. Also had more multiple silver days in the water.

Back
Top Bottom