Nox 800 Black Screen Of Death UP DATE.............

Lostandfound

MINELAB HAS RESOLVED THE PROBLEM WITH THE 800 NOX. THEY GAVE ME A NEW MACHINE ALONG WITH A NEW COIL. They never did say what the problem was with the original unit.

Has anyone experience there screen going dead? Mine went black while hunting the salt water.
I was still having issues trying to get the machine to stabilize in the water when this happened. So I went home figuring it was low on battery and recharged it.
:mad:Turned the Nox on and now the screen is white. Still not working but the sound works but can't program it. I put a call into Minelab waiting to hear back.

Last edited:
Have you tried a factory reset by holding the power button? Should be able to hear it reset. Sounds like something more than that though.

I hear that term FACTORY RESET an awfully lot with the Nox...... anyone else notice that?

Did you try smacking it and giving it a good shaking while cursing at it?

That sucks, I'm thinking you're one of the unlucky ones that got a bad unit, it's bound to happen with any new product.

I'm happy I won't see the black screen of death on my Excalibur :yes: If I get a chance to use it again.. :roll:

I hear that term FACTORY RESET an awfully lot with the Nox...... anyone else notice that?

Yea I guess you're right. ;) Was trying to approach it like the computer it is though, if it's not working the first thing you try is a restart, then maybe kick and yell at it like Jim said :laughing:

Slight possibility the issue is with a backlight setting or screen malfunction, might as well try the easiest thing first - Factory Reset :grin:

Ive gotten 4 chains so far..... but it just seems a lot were being found. Nothing so far id even call small. Not been digging much past 3 weeks.... vacation then tree cutting and sod work. It was a pretty good start to year. U cant find it if u aint out there.

Has anyone experience there screen going dead? Mine went black while hunting the salt water.
I was still having issues trying to get the machine to stabilize in the water when this happened. So I went home figuring it was low on battery and recharged it.
:mad:Turned the Nox on and now the screen is white. Still not working but the sound works but can't program it. I put a call into Minelab waiting to hear back.

Sounds like screen death to me. Might be a water problem, something might of shorted, etc.

Ive gotten 4 chains so far..... but it just seems a lot were being found. Nothing so far id even call small. Not been digging much past 3 weeks.... vacation then tree cutting and sod work. It was a pretty good start to year. U cant find it if u aint out there.
I hear that brother I've been working non stop ,haven't done a beach hunt since end of March .I'm getting the itch though maybe this weekend ill get out H.H.[emoji2]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I hear that brother I've been working non stop ,haven't done a beach hunt since end of March .I'm getting the itch though maybe this weekend ill get out H.H.[emoji2]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I've not been out in 20 days And I though that was bad...You must be going nuts!!

It doesn't seem like Minelab is to heavy on customer service.....have heard some horror stories over the years. Makes me question whether I should spend the money for a CTX 3030 or not!

They have turned that around after "The Kellyco Affair"... Finally..All problems are resolved very quick, repairs are averaging a week! I'm still Amazed.

Joe....... but most of the Nox issues arent going to PA. I know when everyone was holding there..... um... waiting on the Nox to finally come out it almost stopped most detector sales. Makes you wonder just how the sales now has helped the repair center in PA. I suspect those that have them have put their other machines down while they learn it...... meaning no repairs for us water guys.

It doesn't seem like Minelab is to heavy on customer service.....have heard some horror stories over the years. Makes me question whether I should spend the money for a CTX 3030 or not!

Old news. Thats back when kellyco was running the repair center. Since its been moved to fort bedford, its been a dream. 24 hour turn around time. Then wait now is the time to actually ship it there and back.

EQX issues arent going there though, they are going to the Illinois office.

Back
Top Bottom