permission, liability waiver forms

I just came on to post some descent forms. So figured instead of posting a brand new forum I would place them here. Here are some more forms for people who need/want to look them over

HH
DT

List of forms:
1. Permission form from the "TreasureFish" website. (Click Here)
2. Permission form from the "Jim Vokes' Detectin' Pages" website. (Click Here)
3. Permission & Liability Waiver form from the "Metal Detector For Coin Collecting" website. (Click Here)
4. Permission & Liability Waiver form from the "Tidewater Coin & Relic Club" website. (Click Here)
5. Permission & Liability Waiver form from the "Stone Mountain Treasure Hunters" website. (Click Here)
6. Permission form from "Steve Pearsall". (Click Here)
7. Liability Waiver form from Joe C. (Click Here)
8. Search & Salvage Agreement form from Joe C. (Click Here)

When I have asked for permission, I have never brought up the subject of a permission slip or liability. I believe that would just throw a scare into them.

When I have asked for permission, I have never brought up the subject of a permission slip or liability. I believe that would just throw a scare into them.

Same here, never been asked and I doubt I ever would in this area. Not an issue at all, but I know in other places it may be something that you would want to use.

That's part of the reason I live here. People don't even think of that. Makes getting permission really easy.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT use that form! First of all it says DIG and repair as best I can? That is going to throw up a bad flag. Second of all it says something about injuries resulting from the owners negligents?? If you hand me a letter and it talks about my negligents and you wanting permission I would run you off! You would be better off having some business cards printed up with your contact info on one side and a very simple liability waiver on the back. My card simply says: OWNER OF THIS PROPERTY NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURY WHILE ON HIS/HER PROPERTY. Only bring up the liability if the issue is a deal breaker. I think I have had to use it one time and owner of the property I wanted to hunt was a lawyer.

good point pointer80. i will only use the forms if the owner insists on having one. and ill make up a simpler one like your card. new to the hobby- going to make mistakes, thanx for correcting me.

yes, having a few legal peeps in my family. voluntary liability releases are a DANGEROUS territory. Especially if you DO get hurt on questionable property, etc. If the injury is bad enough that an ambulance is called, a police officer usually takes an incident report, which puts the homeowner automatically at risk under his homeowners insurance, or other type of insurance policy.

Remember, there are properties out there in which people do crazy things at. For all you know you may find yourself in a bear fall or uncapped well or something of that nature simply because the owner didn't disclose that information. If I have to sign a liability release form over to them I'd rather move on down the road because chances are they're going to be watching me like a hawk anyway. I'd pass... unless it was absolutely awesome land with KNOWN hot spots. :p

Back
Top Bottom