Better than Garret Carrot?

Mistersippi

I know this has somewhat been touched up on in other threads but what I’m asking is if there is any pinpointer better than or at least as good as the garret carrot in all aspects no matter what the price is. I’ve had 3 garret carrots and all three have quit working or malfunctioned in some way within a matter of months. My pinpointer does get used hard and a lot so I’m looking for durability and functionality. If there is anything out there that can compete and do those things even if it cost a little more I’d love to hear about it!

I know this has somewhat been touched up on in other threads but what I’m asking is if there is any pinpointer better than or at least as good as the garret carrot in all aspects no matter what the price is. I’ve had 3 garret carrots and all three have quit working or malfunctioned in some way within a matter of months. My pinpointer does get used hard and a lot so I’m looking for durability and functionality. If there is anything out there that can compete and do those things even if it cost a little more I’d love to hear about it!

You must be rough on them. I'm rough on mine too. I've wore through the casing twice. You sent them in for warranty, right? You've had 3 malfunction after a few months? Did you buy a new one each time after a matter of months? They have a 2 year warranty on them.

My old black Garrett pinpoint is still working after 12 years ,But I use it as a pinpoint not a digging tool. It is my backup now. I have a White TRX Bullseye pointer now because of the 4 sensitivity settings and that just the tip of the pin pointer pinpoints. Some don’t like that but I do. You can also ratchet it down in all 4 pinpoint levels. But the light is pretty much useless , not very bright. I don’t abuse my pinpointer like you do.
The whole casing is replaceable and you can get it in different colors, mine is orange.
Doug

I also have the old black Garrett pinpointer. I coated the end with bed liner when it was new. other than having to replace the battery a couple of times I haven't had any problems with it for several years when it was new.

I got a TRX when they first came out and I hung up my carrot and have never reached for it since.

You must be rough on them. I'm rough on mine too. I've wore through the casing twice. You sent them in for warranty, right? You've had 3 malfunction after a few months? Did you buy a new one each time after a matter of months? They have a 2 year warranty on them.

I’m not sure if I have the warranty if I bought them through amazon. I’ll have to check into that but the first one came in a package with my detector. It lasted a few months then completely quit working one day. My second one I was using for a couple months and all of a sudden it would constantly beep when I turned it on. The third one lasted me a few months and all of a sudden the light stays on anytime there is a battery in it and not even turned on. It’s constantly draining the battery unless I obviously take the battery out. I don’t feel I’m necessarily rough on them but they do go under water ( I check the back to ensure it’s screwed in tight every time) and I also will poke somewhat hard into clay when I’m digging in a soft but hard to dig with a shovel area. I don’t feel like I’m over abusing it but then again I’m on my third one in a year and if everyone else’s is lasting years I must be the factor somehow. Either that or amazon has been selling me fakes but they do work very well when functioning correctly!

My Garret carrot is less than a year old and malfunctioning. My black one still works but is less sensitive. Looking at comparisons it seems like the Whites Bullseye TRX was a no brainer. Ordered one today.

I have a Whites TRX that I have had for about 3 years and yes the light is useless. I like the tip only detection. It is like a mini metal detector. I have not had any problems with it. It saves me a lot of time when I go coin popping.

I have a Whites TRX that I have had for about 3 years and yes the light is useless. I like the tip only detection. It is like a mini metal detector. I have not had any problems with it. It saves me a lot of time when I go coin popping.

The light's not useless. It's a good way to make sure it's on. Mine has 3 years of use and abuse with no problems. The wife's has been used 3 times in 3 years. Her light has always been a lot brighter than mine, still not bright enough to be considered a flashlight. They should just call it a power indicator.

I don't like the button hold down to change settings. I very seldom have to change anything, but sometimes I want to be quite and go vibrate only and since I change it so seldom, I forget how to do it and spend 10 minutes figuring it out. The owners manual does a lousy job explaining how to use it.

I am a big fan of the focused beam off the tip and the push button ratcheting down of sensitivity. Depth is amazing and the ratcheting down makes guessing depth and size easy.

Whites Bullseye TRX

My Garret carrot is less than a year old and malfunctioning. My black one still works but is less sensitive. Looking at comparisons it seems like the Whites Bullseye TRX was a no brainer. Ordered one today.

I have the Whites Bullseye TRX , like it and not had any issues with it so far , I just leave it on the factory settings.

TRX for me. I treat it like it was meant to be treated. I push it in the hole and into plugs. If a pinpointer can't handle that task then why put up with it. The TRX has great depth and can find that target pretty darn quick. The best thing Whites ever made.

I have both the Tek-point pulse pinpointer and the Garrett carrot but I use the Tek-point more since I'm able to detect deeper and pinpoint even before digging. I plan on actually selling the Garrett since it's just collecting dust. 😳

Back
Top Bottom