• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Any identification on 'CS' coin or button

SDmetaldet

This was dug up in rural South Dakota. Any ideas on what it could be? the back looks like it may have been a button or snap or rivet but has degraded so I cannot determine. No noteworthy information other than what can be seen in the photo.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• CScoin.jpg
    CScoin.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 363
This was dug up in rural South Dakota. Any ideas on what it could be? the back looks like it may have been a button or snap or rivet but has degraded so I cannot determine. No noteworthy information other than what can be seen in the photo.

Thanks for the help

Photo of the back?

Last edited:
I can't help on the i.d. but we have several others on here whom are very good that will chime in later.
It's a very cool find and congratulations. I see this is your first post so welcome to the forum from Mo.

Don

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

I don't have a photo of the back on hand currently. it had a bit of a nub in the middle - but not a ring like I'd expect on a button. I'll try to get a photo but it's not currently in my possession.

It was approximately the size of a penny, maybe a bit smaller but not approaching dime sized.

It’s a button ...here is one but this title of the photo isn’t right.

I am not near my books but I’ve seen it somewhere before...someone will find it before I get time to look.

Attachments

• CE853DFD-70B3-49D5-BE21-40E14E1EE176.jpeg
    CE853DFD-70B3-49D5-BE21-40E14E1EE176.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom