Groomed Beaches versus Garbage Beaches

SCYoungGun

I've been going to both variety of beaches...ones that are groomed by trackers/dozers pulling rake machines and ones that are not.
So far in my very very limited experience it seems like there is more to be found on the beaches loaded with beach refuse (jewelry) while the groomed beaches seem to be better for clad.
Is it because the rakes are possibly raking up more than just trash?
Any one have an opinion on this?

I've gone in the tracks after the beach cleaner and found coins no problem. As a bonus the sand is nice an fluffy...Jewelry i've only found in the wet sand where the beach cleaning machine does not go here, so maybe 1 + 1 ='s 2 but not sure...

Depending on the type of beach cleaner/groomer being used, coins and jewelry can be found in there wake. A good spot to look for the jewelry is where they make their turns and the sand piles up a bit, stuff seems to sluff off in those areas. If it has those short tines on the rake, that may pick up some jewelry, but it also can pull up but not take away some coin!:D:cool:

I was doing some research and came across this website, that talks about the size of the objects that can be picked up by beach cleaning machines...Needless to say I was horrified...I guess things really do "clean-up" at the beaches...according to the site beach cleaners can pick up items the size of cigarette butts.
It makes one wonder if the drivers of these beach machines ever check to see what's been picked up?

http://www.hbarber.com/AboutUs/Faq.aspx

It makes one wonder if the drivers of these beach machines ever check to see what's been picked up?

I just found me my new job! Thanks everybody!!! :newidea::gettinmoney:
Do you think it comes with benefits? ;):lol:

I've heard rumors of the city guys getting into fistfights over what they find! I've always thought that would be a great retirement job ;)

Back
Top Bottom