Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 03-15-2009, 05:12 PM

Default Is it illegal to metal detect on the beaches on Majorca?

Hey Guys,

I've booked a holiday to go to Majorca in the Balearic Islands in June and was wondering about bringing my metal detector with me to have a go on the beaches with it in the evenings. Do any of you guys on here know whether it is it illegal to detect out there? Also i never have brought my detctor abroad with me before so do any of you know about paying to get it put through as oversized baggage or would i maybe be best to pack it folded down in my hold bag?

Many Thanks
Steve

Old 03-15-2009, 07:41 PM

Worth looking into beforehand as from what i gather its not a problem as such to detect , problems could arise if you were to find anything significant.

http://www.ncmd.co.uk/law.htm

Old 03-16-2009, 06:41 PM

Oh of course. I wouldnt even think about taking the detector if there was a risk that it was illegal. There is too many eejits out there giving the hobby a bad name. Always best to research it well beforehand too... i wouldnt want any "no comprende" moments down at the Guarda Civil of Majorca! Any more info or advice from you guys is much appreciated.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Elite Member

Default Majorca Detecting.

I have seen several posts recently claiming that many beaches in Espana are now off limits to us. I'd contact an authority before I broke out my Excal on ANY beach in Spain.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:45 PM

Yea i had read that the beaches in Spain were off limits too but i dont know if Majorca is different as its not actually part of mainland Spain.