Amazing Luck

ramer

Elite Member
I was picking walnuts in a park in upstate New York. I had to meet a friend at 6 PM and it was only 5 PM and I was done picking walnuts. I had time to kill, about 30 minutes to be exact. Here I am in this 700 acre park, 80 percent which is heavily wooded and full of hills and valleys. So I am driving around and randomly pull over and decide to detect in a remote area. I walk into the woods about 40 feet, turn on my detector, walk about 5 feet. I got a good signal, dug it. There it was, a 1936 half dollar. Out of the 700 acres I happened upon this particular spot and got a walking liberty on my very first dig. Amazing luck indeed.

Attachments

• half dollor 2.JPG
    half dollor 2.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 253
  • half dollor 1.JPG
    half dollor 1.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 284
That's the way it goes sometimes. I remember one time with canadianguy, break of dawn we walked on to the beach and I wanted compare signals to see who's machine was deeper, i searched and found a nice deep one, his machine hit it as well, he said "ok, you dig it", it was my first gold ring of the day...

Wow, are you kidding me, what luck! That's still on my list and a very nice find. Congratulations.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom