Oh, Oh, Oh darn!

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
So I had one of those Oh maybe moments. Again. Did a quick hunt and with my eyes bad at close reading All I knew was I had 2 mercs and 1 barber. I get home and take a picture for my records and I it is then I see the 1916 merc. Oh, Oh, Oh turn it over and its an S. Oh well one of these days it will be a D.

9-17-2017-2.jpg

Still a great find! 3 more silvers than I've seen in a plug on my last dozen hunts. Nice work. What type property and detector this time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I had one of those Oh maybe moments. Again. Did a quick hunt and with my eyes bad at close reading All I knew was I had 2 mercs and 1 barber. I get home and take a picture for my records and I it is then I see the 1916 merc. Oh, Oh, Oh turn it over and its an S. Oh well one of these days it will be a D.

Why the disappointment the coin being a S and not a D?

What type property and detector this time

It was an empty house on the corner of a new construction area. Same block I found the 1/4 Real on. The Foreman at the site said they made an offer to buy the house, they had bought all the others, and the owner refused hoping for a higher offer. He said the owner came back after they found out they wasn't going to offer more and offered to sell. The Foreman said they turned him down.

woodbutcher hit the nail on the head. I was using my E-Trac and the 8x6 SEF coil.

Why the disappointment the coin being a S and not a D?

About $5,000 difference.

Last edited:
One rarer than the other in terms of numbers minted?

I was lucky enough to find a D minted 1916 dime. Only made 264,000 compared to the several million made by the other two mints.

They are still out there Detector!!

Attachments

• obverse graded merc.JPG
    obverse graded merc.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom