How does the Etrac do in High Mineralized soil?

fishnnut

Forum Supporter
Just wondering after reading some negative reports about the Etrac in high mineralized soils..... Contemplating upgrading my At Pro and as we do have pretty high mineral content hopefully wouldn't be sorry spending the $$ and not have it be effective in my area. Mainly just hunting silver/coins and don't care about relics so any thoughts? Thanks guys and HH :D

All the information I have says that a FBS detector normally works better in mineralized ground than a VLF detector. Have a Safari which uses the same basic technology as an Etrac and in my moderately mineralized ground the Safari works just fine. No doubt in highly mineralized ground there would be some loss of depth and you might have to cut back on your sensitivity, causing even more loss of depth. A P.I. detector works well in highly mineralized ground, but it doesn't have near the discrimination capabilities of either an FBS or VLF detector.

manuel gb is a must unless you have a md that is calibrated for auto gb such is the case with the GTI 2500 that has both i know it works great for me in the highly miner soils of western mt im in glendive right now and been really pulling the silver here with my gti which im sure is about the same mineral content as nd i would also recommend trying to find a good used master hunter cx you ever get to mt ???perhaps fishers f series is great as well and lets not forget whites hh

The only thing better than an Etrac or any FBS Minelab would be a PI machine, but you'll dig everything including iron

Back
Top Bottom