Rock Tumbler?

Yes that would work just fine. I bought a cheap one ($30.00) from Hobby Lobby. It works great at cleaning coins. I use a little bit of dish soap and some small gravel like fish tank gravel when I clean my coins. I tumble them for just a couple of hours to get them clean. If you want them shiny it will take longer.

Just don't use it on Sliver or any old coins that might be worth something.

also don't clean pennies with other clad(dimes/quarter/nickels) or they will turn an orange copper color

thanks all!

how long have you had your one from Hobby Lobby Snow?

I'm not trying to break the bank, but it'd be nice to actually be able to spend the clad I find lol

The Thumbler's Tumbler MP-1 is a great tumbler. I have two of them myself. The eBay price seems awfully inflated though.

This ones worked well for me. No issues with the belts as others have said on the reviews. Takes 3-4 hours with some aquarium gravel a little water and a dot of dishsoap. CHange the water out a couple times and they'll be in spendable shape. As said above, do your pennies separate from your other CLAD or it will turn everything a brownish orange color.

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-lb-rotary-rock-tumbler-67631.html

I use the 2-barrel version from harbor freight. They work great, and if the belt breaks it comes with a replacement, and even if the replacement breaks you can always use a rubber band. Oh, and I have never had any problems with the tumbler smelling wierd???

I use the 2-barrel version from harbor freight. They work great, and if the belt breaks it comes with a replacement, and even if the replacement breaks you can always use a rubber band. Oh, and I have never had any problems with the tumbler smelling wierd???

I have. It ends up smelling like dirty rubber but what do you expect. I don't clean the coins to put back in my pocket. :lol: They get put in a jug and go to the bank, then that cash goes off to the coin shop.

Back
Top Bottom