anybody

fishing47

zzzz 012.jpg

zzzz 013.jpg

zzzz 014.jpg

zzzz 015.jpg Morning few relics from yesterdays snow dig any ideas what they are?

Your first item looks to be a drawer pull (guess), the second is likely to be the adjustment knob off an old lantern, and your third item appears to be a woman's fashion buckle.

I agree with the drawer pull, and the buckle, but no idea about the round item. It almost looks like it has a hammered impression in it. None the less they are all very cool. Well done.;):cool:

Nice finds! I think the round thingy is a coin weight... from where I have no idea.

WOW Doug that is so cool. I have never even heard of a trade weight. Learn something cool every day. Thanks.;);):cool::cool::cool:

Wow Doug nice I.D. It makes sense considering Massachusetts is one of G.B. first successful colonies. I use Colchester's find I.D. for a lot of my old finds.

WOW Doug that is so cool. I have never even heard of a trade weight. Learn something cool every day. Thanks.;);):cool::cool::cool:

Several uses for trade weights.

Shops, markets, fairs, and where items are sold by weight.

Then you have coin weights where coins are weighed to see if they have been clipped of their precious metals (gold & silver) coincidentally coin clipping was punishable by death in medieval times!

Then you have what I call the farmers trade weights these are one offs and made of lead.

Then you have Apothecaries weights which I have yet to find.

"Apothecaries Weights were the weights which Pharmaceutical Chemists (Pharmacists) used exclusively until the late 1960’s."

Back
Top Bottom