Good/bad lot experience gave me a little something.

Happa54

Forum Supporter
A couple of days a week I check into my office at the other end of the valley. I always drive by a few lots and one which I hunted about 8 months ago I bugged out due to high concentrations of metal.

Yesterday I decided to throw my detector in the trunk and headed out to the office. There is one particular lot with several trees that I've had my eyes on for awhile.

After work, I pulled up to the lot and pulled out my detector. A guy pulled up in his car and said "hey, you gonna detect that lot?" I said "yeah". He said the owner used to park military tanks there and there were parts all over the place. "oh boy, what fun this is going to be", I thought.

He then said, "you can hunt my lot down the street if you like, I found old kitchen utencils there long time ago". I said "thank you probably in a couple of days".

So I pull out my detector and sure enough there is metal all over the place. Many high conductive metal and lots and lots of digging. It was already late and I said "to hell with this place, at least for today".

So, I quickly scan the strip of the dirt sidewalk next to the car. I immediately found a '41 merc within a few feet of my rear tire. Down a few more feet 2 wheats.

Darkness was starting to set and had to leave. I said, "wow", I can come back and detect the dirt strip surrounding this lot and go after some stuff at the permission the guy just gave me.

You just never know how and where you are going to get your finds. I'm typically a park guy, but this one just opened other opportunities I must take advantage of.

Thanks for stopping in.

Attachments

• 1-20171013_063136.jpg
    1-20171013_063136.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 241
Great finds!
I love old curb strips. Just think off all the foot traffic over the years. Inch for inch they probably have more potential than any other ground.

Back
Top Bottom