• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

KT's 2018 Totals and..... This is long and somewhat pic heavy.

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
a summary of previous years totals, going back to the beginnings in 2012!

First for 2018: Pictures are below! 89 90% Kens, Bens, and Walkers, also 1 Barber! The pic includes some 25 that KT purchased through the year also so if you count the rolls, there will be a bit more than the 89 recovered this year.

340 40% Ag Kens....now that is a lot of rolls but it all fits neatly into a full sized Whitman Sampler candy box!

366 NIFCs - KT kept 2 rolls of 2016 and 2017, respectively. The only year not complete is 2018....still need 16 of them to finish that roll, but they will start appearing within a couple of months into 2019! 1 full roll of 1987 Kens.

81 Ken Proofs - this number hit exactly a 7 year average of His Majesty's CRHing.

So that covers 2018. Now to the summary....KT has been breaking this down in years past by year, but this year is just going to tell you what has gone into the Royal Treasure Chest over 7 years:

430 90% Kens, Bens, Walkers, and (2) Barbers.

2425 40% Ag Kens....if KT recollects correctly, 2 of them were 1970 Kens.

6436 NIFCs. After considering the large investment in these questionably collectible coins, KT decided to limit the Keepers to a roll of each. Several of the previous years the numbers ran over 1400....that's $700 face on a hope of collectible increase. KT is not interested with the numbers He now has of doing more than a roll a year of any one year, anymore.

This year the bank machine gave up $27.88 overage and 1 small silver cross.

So using today's silver value, the total of the silver melt value of the hoard is: 90% Halves = $2385.82, 40% Kens = $5501.56, totaling $7,887.38. This does not include what KT might get for the Proofs (though circulated, they still have some added value over face as fillers to collectors).

The total face value saved in NIFC's if KT just had to dump them is $3,218.00. Hopefully some day they will be worth $1 each! At least to beginning coin collectors, as they will be some of the hardest to get.

KT still patiently awaits the announcement of the end of the Kennedy half series as it is as impractical as an Ike $ to carry around! Enjoy the pics as KT calls the Royal Guards to come carry this load to the Royal Dungeon to add to the Royal Treasure Chest!

Attachments

• CRH 2018 final 90% Ag  89 Kens.jpg
    CRH 2018 final 90% Ag 89 Kens.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 399
  • CRH 2018 final 40% Ag  340 Kens.jpg
    CRH 2018 final 40% Ag 340 Kens.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 393
  • CRH 2018 final NIFCs  366.jpg
    CRH 2018 final NIFCs 366.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 369
  • CRH 2018 final Proofs 81 Kens.jpg
    CRH 2018 final Proofs 81 Kens.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 341
  • CRH 2018 final oddities, 1 roll of 1987 Kens, others include Au-plated, foreigns, and colored Ke.jpg
    CRH 2018 final oddities, 1 roll of 1987 Kens, others include Au-plated, foreigns, and colored Ke.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 347
Congrats KT and thank you for your stellar record keeping at the castle. That gives beginners an idea of the percentages that someone might expect although the figures might be somewhat different due to the volume searches in the kingdom.

Excellent Hunting on your part! Its good to see a King who get his hands dirty managing and monitoring Coins of the Realm!...As all great rulers know, Its tough to be a King! Best advice has always been: "A guy minds the pennies and the dollars take care of themselves!"

Please pass along our admiration to your scribes, photographers, and accounting staff, forklift operators...I specifically enjoyed seeing the Balboa...

Friggin aye though KingTots..I sure hope you have a trustworthy succession plan.... it would be a complete disaster if you fell over dead on the battlefield and your shimmering vaults were looted by sycophants and jesters and cashed in for FACE? Imagine!

Excellent Hunting on your part! Its good to see a King who get his hands dirty managing and monitoring Coins of the Realm!...As all great rulers know, Its tough to be a King! Best advice has always been: "A guy minds the pennies and the dollars take care of themselves!"

Please pass along our admiration to your scribes, photographers, and accounting staff, forklift operators...I specifically enjoyed seeing the Balboa...

Friggin aye though KingTots..I sure hope you have a trustworthy succession plan.... it would be a complete disaster if you fell over dead on the battlefield and your shimmering vaults were looted by sycophants and jesters and cashed in for FACE? Imagine!

KT aching, sometimes, back appreciates the admiration! KT has captured several Medio Balboas down through the years! And no worrys about the succession on the Royal Treasure Box, as KT has well schooled Prince John, his Royal Progenee, in the present fickleness of the PMs at this time. He knows should KT pass over, He will hold the vault invioble until PMs raise from the dead, their present state. Then He shall cash them, at the least, for their silver value.

In fact, if that were to happen in KT's lifetime, He would do it Himself! :wow::laughing::lol:

Congrats KT and thank you for your stellar record keeping at the castle. That gives beginners an idea of the percentages that someone might expect although the figures might be somewhat different due to the volume searches in the kingdom.

For some reason, KT loves the record keeping! :laughing::laughing:

Another fine yeah KT!

Best year yet for 90%ers! Thanks!:D

I always look forward to your weekly posts. The year enders are over the top! It really piles up by year end.

Wow KT!! Great year! I love reading your posts and seeing your finds!! Looking forward to what u find in 2019!! Congrats!

Congrats on an excellent year! Just a question out of curiosity, how many coins (or how much $$$ worth of rolls/coins) did you have to sort through to get all that this year? :)

Congrats on the great year!
KT is glad to close the year out because His Majesty is always interested in the annual summary!

I always look forward to your weekly posts. The year enders are over the top! It really piles up by year end.
yes Sir! It always seems to! :D

Wow KT!! Great year! I love reading your posts and seeing your finds!! Looking forward to what u find in 2019!! Congrats!
Thank you, Ohiodigger, and so am I! :laughing:

All hale to the king!.Well done!!!!
thank you for your kind comment!

Congrats on an excellent year! Just a question out of curiosity, how many coins (or how much $$$ worth of rolls/coins) did you have to sort through to get all that this year? :)
That is the result of sifting through 254,980 halves....as the bank shorted me 1 roll this past year...:laughing::laughing: KT purchased $2500 a week...that's 5000 halves/week.

Congrats, KT! :hi5: You had an excellent year CRHing. :woot: I will be posting my year end totals in a week or two probably. :D
Looking forward to seeing how you did, Wolf-Dog! :yes:

That's a great total!
KT is happy with it, too!

Back
Top Bottom