Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > What's the Value? > CRHing

Old 02-07-2019, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by amc rulz View post
My opinion is that the majority of the boxes containing the bits of silver arenít recent deposits. Sure, there might be cashing in of a hoard or a theft here or there, but not enough to amount to anything. I just donít think it happens as often as folks think. I believe that the good boxes might just be lower on the pallet. First in, first out insures that the armored service delivers newer boxes that have been recently re-rolled.
I agree there might be good stuff at the "bottom of the pallet" if we ever get there -- depends how long it's been stuck there. What you described, and I agree how it probably works, is really last in first out, not first in first out. If it was FIFO there wouldn't be a stagnant bottom of the pallet.

When I find newish NIFCs (201x) mixed in with my good silver boxes I know they haven't been sitting for decades...

My $0.50 worth lol.

HH

Old 02-08-2019, 05:17 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by TorqueMaster View post
I agree there might be good stuff at the "bottom of the pallet" if we ever get there -- depends how long it's been stuck there. What you described, and I agree how it probably works, is really last in first out, not first in first out. If it was FIFO there wouldn't be a stagnant bottom of the pallet.

When I find newish NIFCs (201x) mixed in with my good silver boxes I know they haven't been sitting for decades...

My $0.50 worth lol.

HH
TM you are correct.

My neighbor called the cops for me playing LED ZEPPELIN too loud...
They arrested him