Treasure... at work!

cruiserkev

Elite Member
I work as a part time home remodeler and over the years have found a few Wheaties and rosies cleaning up older homes. Today I was working alone in a vacant home that dates to the early 1950s, tearing out a rotted section of flooring. In the dust under the floor I see the outline of a Swiss army pocket knife. I grab it, admire it for a minute and go back to work.
I then have to vacuum out all the dry rotted debris that fell under the floor. I kept hearing metal objects getting sucked into the shop vac and banging around. So I look through it and found I had sucked up a handful of clad, 2 live 12 ga. shotgun shells, a wrench, an old ceramic insulator, a very old cigarette lighter, a costume jewelry earring and a 1922 P peace dollar!
Needless to say, I was ecstatic and was pretty much worthless as a carpenter after that. I can't find a silver dollar detecting to save my life but just happened upon this one while doing my boring, mundane work.
I have 3 more days there next week and hope there's more to find. Hoping maybe the homeowner will let me detect there as well. At least the weekend started off awesome, crazy life! :grin:

Attachments

• IMAG0677.jpg
    IMAG0677.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 387
  • IMAG0679.jpg
    IMAG0679.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 391
Wow, what a great bunch of finds! I also do remodeling work and all I ever found was an old budweiser can from when the top and bottom was steel and the cylinder part was aluminum. Everything you found looks to be in great shape too!

Sitting here just shaking my head!....:laughing:

OK..so now lets get serious!...1950's home...Bug Out Bag gear under the floor.....Gotta be a jar of those coins buried close to the crawlspace hatch or over in the corner, or near a support post! probe around with a screwdriver!!

The lighter cleaned up really well and is marked Bowers Pure Fire with a shield and stars motif. I bet I could get it to work.😀

Attachments

• IMAG0697.jpg
    IMAG0697.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 215
That's a pretty awesome assortment of finds there! All I ever find at work are left behind glasses, peanut/pretzel wrappers and phones/tablets (those get turned into the lost and found). Sometimes I find some clad in a cup holder or on the floor.:lol: Congrats on the sweet finds!

Back
Top Bottom