Ring return 28!

Kapi

Forum Supporter
The class ring that I found the other day which I thought might be hard to locate the owner of turned out to be a super easy return. The girls name was Adriana Jones and the school was Hamilton, the year 2015. I did a search on Facebook for "Adriana Jones + Hamilton" and saw a match. I sent her a message asking if she lost her ring in Florida and she replied "Yes Ma'am"

I asked her to describe it and the details matched. It turns out Adriana lost the ring in 2014 while vacationing here from Mississippi. Her two year old nephew ran out into the water and she chased after him and lost the ring while grabbing him in the water. I found it about 100-200 feet away from where she lost it, in the water, two years later using my metal detector. This goes to show that some rings really do not move very far from where they are lost despite the rough and changing conditions of our ocean (In many cases). She actually lost two rings that day at the same time and I've got messages out to my friends that metal detect to see if any of them have found the other one and I'll be checking the beach again after church tomorrow or Monday to see if perhaps the other one is still there.

Her Aunt lives near me and we are making arrangements for her to come pick up the ring. Another happy return!

Attachments

• Ring return 28.jpg
    Ring return 28.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 467
  • Ring return 28 part 2.jpg
    Ring return 28 part 2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 467
Cool! Thats very interesting about how far it moved in that short of time, good on ya for asking those details there. The backstory of the loss is an important feature just on account of curiosity and learning about what situations precipitate a loss....ya hear some good ones!:laughing:

Regarding us, this makes a person think some strategy about prevailing currents when hunting an old beach....I know on my one old beach, all the gold I've found has been on the 'downstream' side where nobody swims...lotsa silver there too, not so much of anything but fresh drops on the main and upstream areas...

Cool report about ring movement and Congratulations on another successful return!
Mud

Back
Top Bottom