First hunt with the CTX...WOW...

I was commenting on your Morgan you just replied about.

And in my soil out here in my neck of the woods I highly doubt it would hit a large cent at 11 inches. Not much different than a quarter.

Last edited:
I was commenting on your Morgan you just replied about.

And in my soil out here in my neck of the woods I highly doubt it would hit a large cent at 11 inches. Not much different than a quarter.

I absolutely believe it. I dug a 13 to 14 " draped bust large cent in new jersey earlier this year with my ctx.

So you were saying you believe he dug 13 in dime because you dug a large cent that is both bigger n heavier with more surface area than a dime, not surprised, the dime however i disagree with, you said and i quoted that you absolutely believed it.

I dont.:)

I absolutely believe it. I dug a 13 to 14 " draped bust large cent in new jersey earlier this year with my ctx.

So you were saying you believe he dug 13 in dime because you dug a large cent that is both bigger n heavier with more surface area than a dime, not surprised, the dime however i disagree with, you said and i quoted that you absolutely believed it.

I dont.:)

Go back and read my post again I was being sarcastic when I said about my Morgan dollar...thought it was obvious lol

Very good post! Although I don't own one anymore for the time being, it is an absolutely amazing piece of equipment. You will love it more and more each time you use it. This picture about wraps it up for me :laughing: very nice finds, and good luck with your new machine!

Attachments

• IMG_2121.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 41
my very first find with the ctx just turned it on. got a half of a swing hit a high target and found this at 6 in silver poesy ring
very first find With the CTX        1-24-17.jpg

my second trip with the ctx it was time to hit the beach i was there 15min
got the signal I've been waiting for 5 yrs at 8in down thats when i saw the yellow shine then it was time for the digger dance first gold ,,,man CTX is no joke :shock:
IMG_1009.jpg

Agreed guys,the mass is all important here. While a deep fluke happens here and there I don’t think anyone’s going to be finding the small stuff past 9-10” on a regular basis. The pic of the Walker next to whatever that iron is reinforces what the CTX does best,and that is to pick high conductors out of those messes. It’s a big coin,but that’s BIG scrap in with it. My Explorer will do this stuff too,but the CTX seems to give a cleaner response when it’s a terrible mess down there.
I posted up on Coinshooters and Relic hunters what I found today and the depth. It was getting a bit later and darker but I’ll try to put the video together. If it doesn’t provide anything useful I’ll make another,but the capabilities of this machine have been astounding me for 2 seasons straight. The 17” coil is something a guy should really have if working in anything but serious trash. It just lights up deep coins,I could go on and on...but it’s getting old talking about how good it is. I just enjoy using it and I think the OP will as well,and many other hunters.

Back
Top Bottom