Sterling U.S. Army Air Force ring

Waveoff

Elite Member
I recently picked up a used E-TRAC and have been trying to learn its language. I was hoping it would make some of my old sites new again but apparently my Vaquero did a pretty decent job of finding most of the good stuff. Maybe I can have one of my other buddies who is more proficient with this machine try and show me how to find some hard targets in my pounded spots. Until today, most of what I dug has been junk. However, on the coins that I have found, the sound and ID were pretty spot on. I've been using Goes4ever's TTF settings.

This evening, I went to my neighbor's yard where I previously found a 14k men's wedding band along with some wheats, rosie's, merc's and a war nickel. I was able to track down the owner of that ring and return it to him. Fast forward to today. I was searching some areas I hit previously with my Vaquero. I ended up finding one wheat and this chunky sterling Army Air Force ring. I'm thinking it might belong to the father of the guy I returned the wedding ring to. I'll be contacting him to ask if his dad served in the USAAF. This neighborhood keeps giving up silver and gold!

Yx3Jbnc.jpg

ewHYGvV.jpg

vts2I83.jpg

Oh-man I'm jealous, thats an outstanding find. I have found a few small sterling rings but never a honker like that. Good luck finding the owner but I hope to see you keep that one for your collection. HH Mark

Oh-man I'm jealous, thats an outstanding find. I have found a few small sterling rings but never a honker like that. Good luck finding the owner but I hope to see you keep that one for your collection. HH Mark

Thanks Mark. It's always a nice surprise to find some jewelry once in a while!

Now THAT is a cool ring find. Definitely one for the display box!

Thanks Skippy! My ring display box is seriously lagging behind yours. I nearly fainted the other day when I found this junker in my other neighbor's yard. It immediately felt light for its size but I was hopeful it was real. When the gold started flaking off it was such a bummer.:lol: I did find a '42 GW about a foot from it though.:)
sNZTPpF.jpg

Your going to love the etrac, but I would recommend starting off running a different program than TTF. There's a time and place for that program. Unless your hunting in HEAVY iron, I think conductive tones would be better for your needs. I would start with auto +3 sensitivity and conductive tones, and when you encounter sites where your threshold dissapears, switch over to TTF AFTER a run through with conductive tones. Im far from an etrac expert, I just think this advice might help you find more deep coins and relics. Good luck out there and keep us posted! Nice ring too :grin:

Your going to love the etrac, but I would recommend starting off running a different program than TTF. There's a time and place for that program. Unless your hunting in HEAVY iron, I think conductive tones would be better for your needs. I would start with auto +3 sensitivity and conductive tones, and when you encounter sites where your threshold dissapears, switch over to TTF AFTER a run through with conductive tones. Im far from an etrac expert, I just think this advice might help you find more deep coins and relics. Good luck out there and keep us posted! Nice ring too :grin:

Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try around the neighborhood here. My favorite site where I found the double walker's is loaded with iron. I first tried hunting there using Andy's coin pattern but the threshold kept nulling out and I was afraid I would miss something. As for using auto +3 and conductive tones...do you recommend running an open screen, TTC on the relic pattern, TTC with some of the bottom lines disc'd out or...? I'm all ears when it comes to using this machine! I'm using a 6x8 SEF if it matters. Thanks!

Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try around the neighborhood here. My favorite site where I found the double walker's is loaded with iron. I first tried hunting there using Andy's coin pattern but the threshold kept nulling out and I was afraid I would miss something. As for using auto +3 and conductive tones...do you recommend running an open screen, TTC on the relic pattern, TTC with some of the bottom lines disc'd out or...? I'm all ears when it comes to using this machine! I'm using a 6x8 SEF if it matters. Thanks!
Heres a good post about starter programs, very good proven programs. I would run multi tone, not two tone. But at the end of the day, only you know what works for you in your hunting environment. Give this post a read though, good stuff in here, HH!

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=226836

Thanks Mark. It's always a nice surprise to find some jewelry once in a while!

Thanks Skippy! My ring display box is seriously lagging behind yours. I nearly fainted the other day when I found this junker in my other neighbor's yard. It immediately felt light for its size but I was hopeful it was real. When the gold started flaking off it was such a bummer.:lol: I did find a '42 GW about a foot from it though.:)
sNZTPpF.jpg

Uh, yeah! A big 1.5 carat like that would have definitely paid for a vacation! :)

Excitement for real gold never wears off. I've never hit the 1 carat diamond mark (came close this year with a .64). Looking forward to that day. :)

I'll probably keep the stone, though, and turn it into a ring for my wife, or just a really big freaking awesome man's ring for me. (that would be pretty funny, actually).

Nice monster silver! It looks like the face is copper with silver inlay? Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom