Moving to Arizona

panicbtn

Hey everyone. Im relocating to Arizona next month for work. Ill be about 25 minutes outside Phoenix. Just looking for some tips and pointers or clubs. Being im coming from North New Jersey it will be a bit different then what im used to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Right now, best piece of advice would be to stay inside. It's too hot to do anything outside for an extended period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hot

x2 too--hot to detect or anything else for that matter- it's been 118-120 s last few days where i live in AZ.

Let me know when you get to AZ. Always up for getting out with people. I hit anything from parks, tear outs, to old sites in the hills.

There is group that posts here for the valley
http://metaldetectingforum.com/group.php?groupid=219

Thanks for the reply. Will do once I get settled in. I'm a bit further out then planned. A town called Surprise. The oldest park is is like 1980. lol

Welcome. Hope you enjoy living in Arizona. I used to live there my wife and I met in Wickenburg Arizona back in 1982 and now our residents of the state of Ohio since 1996. While I live there I did not do any metal detecting at the time but I did do gold prospecting. Northeast of a small town called Moorestown a buddy of mine family and a gold claim back in there and I have found some small nuggets the size of buttons on your shirt. Hopefully you can find some with your AT Pro. There is the GPAA and the roadrunners prospecting clubs that you might check into. I hope this helps

FYI - sorry to resurrect an old thread, you guys! :) I moved to Arizona from Wisconsin a few months ago. Shoot me a PM if you guys head out some time! Now that the weather is getting cooler, I'd love to give it a shot. I've not been out since I moved here. I'm a newbie to the area, but would love to scope out some new areas with you guys!

Don't forget that you are in Gold country.. Lots of gold nuggets there. I detected two a few years back near Congress on some claims near Stanton.. Heads up... watch out for the cactus and the rattlers.. I never had a run in with a snake but didn't escape the catus's furry.. lol
I used to eat at Yarnell... very sad what happened there.

Back
Top Bottom