Lord Of The Flies

We get the no-see-ums/sandflies. They are small and white and you cant really see them well. The last two days have been absolutely terrible. I find they dont bother me after I have jumped in the ocean so I usually dip in and its tolerable. Up north in the us east coast ocmd/assateague I have been in conditions with strong west winds where the blackflies will cover you...fortunately i was surfing and it was easy to stay away.

Bigger and better flies

Greenhead Flies – horseflies on steroids~
They can be found on Cape Cod – we put out green wooden box traps that are about 8 square feet in volume just to catch and study as many as we can. (Yea give New Jersey a call out for having them also.)
They love the marsh lands and are most aggressive in the day light of mid to late summer. They love to feed on the sweet meat of humans, bovine and deer, yea a horse if one can be found.
They are not bothered by most repellents even the DEET seems to have no effect on them. Now if you can withstand the rash you can use Permethrin on your clothes ONLY!
Now the only thing I have seen in the above posts that I would run from was the 10’ beach mosquito.
If you are willing we are looking for some one to take on the collecting of the greenheads from the traps...any takers?

Attachments

• images.duckduckgo.com.jpe
    images.duckduckgo.com.jpe
    106.9 KB · Views: 66
Greenhead Flies – horseflies on steroids~
They can be found on Cape Cod – we put out green wooden box traps that are about 8 square feet in volume just to catch and study as many as we can. (Yea give New Jersey a call out for having them also.)
They love the marsh lands and are most aggressive in the day light of mid to late summer. They love to feed on the sweet meat of humans, bovine and deer, yea a horse if one can be found.
They are not bothered by most repellents even the DEET seems to have no effect on them. Now if you can withstand the rash you can use Permethrin on your clothes ONLY!
Now the only thing I have seen in the above posts that I would run from was the 10’ beach mosquito.
If you are willing we are looking for some one to take on the collecting of the greenheads from the traps...any takers?

"Oh here we go, here we go! Everytime I talk about Joe Lewis and boxing, some white guy gotta pull Rocky Marciano out they @ss!":laughing::laughing:

Mud

Back
Top Bottom