Looky where I'm going to be detecting this weekend

OkieDigger

Forum Chipmunk
Forum Supporter
I just got permission 5 minutes ago to detect this church. This drawing is from 1916 and the church is much older. Notice the open tabernacle below?  :D For those that don't know, tabernacles are a GREAT place to find lost change. They're outdoor on grass and people used to put change in the offering plate. Not all the change made it in! Whoo hoo! I'll probably find two crushed beer cans, 11 pull tabs and 23 bottle caps knowing my luck :mad:

Attachments

• ChurchTab.JPG
    ChurchTab.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 275
Then again, it could prove to be a "coin mine". :D

Let us know how it goes. I wish you the best! Get the DFX cranking!

After all this time of not being able to detect over the summer and it being so dry, it might rain this weekend :lol: Great timing by the weather. If it doesn't rain, this DFX is going to be humming ;)

OkieDigger said:
After all this time of not being able to detect over the summer and it being so dry, it might rain this weekend :lol: Great timing by the weather. If it doesn't rain, this DFX is going to be humming ;)
Yup it's raining here and I am stuck inside! Nice property though, is it still standing?

Uh yeah... Where did you say this is? (exactly!!) Wish I could come help you. Good luck and keep us posted.

The tabernacle is no longer standing, but the church is. I'm syked about this one, but trying not to be too hopeful.

Good Luck OD!!! Sounds like a great place to hunt. I know what you mean by getting your hopes up when you think you found the perfect spot only to find nothing but trash. I hope this spot is far different. Best of luck and let us know what you find.

Ugh, the Holiness Tabernacle was a paved over parking lot. The other church had extensive land scaping done. I was digging 70's pulltabs at 5". I did finally find an area that didn't see much yard activity and managed to pull out four wheats. 1928 D being the oldest. No silver :( Ugh, I need a virgin site that hasn't been molested.

OkieDigger said:
Ugh, the Holiness Tabernacle was a paved over parking lot. The other church had extensive land scaping done. I was digging 70's pulltabs at 5". I did finally find an area that didn't see much yard activity and managed to pull out four wheats. 1928 D being the oldest. No silver :( Ugh, I need a virgin site that hasn't been molested.

Know the feeling, around here they burn down the old buildings and put fill dirt overtop. Just to get down to "virgin" ground I have to dig anywhere from 4" to 8" to get back to 1860 . :(

Back
Top Bottom