The M6 and Accurate Depths

NCBounty15

Forum Supporter
While testing my new M6, I had all my test metals 3" down at the bottom of a plug. But when I used pinpoint to "Locate them" and determine the depth, it said the coins were at 5".... Anyone have a reason for this?

I would rather it read deeper than it actually is rather than vice versa! HH
NC

While testing my new M6, I had all my test metals 3" down at the bottom of a plug. But when I used pinpoint to "Locate them" and determine the depth, it said the coins were at 5".... Anyone have a reason for this?

I would rather it read deeper than it actually is rather than vice versa! HH
NC

When you say 3" down at the bottom of a plug, what are you using for reference? The length of the plug? Measuring from the top of the grass?

When you say 3" down at the bottom of a plug, what are you using for reference? The length of the plug? Measuring from the top of the grass?

Say that I located a target, and cut a three sided plug, okay? Then, measuring 3' down from the top of the DIRT, not the grass, that depth is 3".

Say that I located a target, and cut a three sided plug, okay? Then, measuring 3' down from the top of the DIRT, not the grass, that depth is 3".

I think that is your answer. When you are "X"ing the target during pin pointing, the coil is at grass tip level.

Back
Top Bottom