Links: Old drive in theaters

I have seen these links before but thx for posting them Rudy :) All our drive-ins are under concrete :(

:shock:- Good thinking Rudy, there are some in my area, which have been there for years, but they all went out of buisness. Might be some tough digging, as most we packed gravel, but there might be a few good coins laying in wait to be scooped up, thanks, smg

Well Rudy it was a bust, I haven't been out that way for a year or two and sure enough student housing is now there for the college. To bad, but I know where some others are. I am still going to try, smg

The one near me is mostly paved over. The other one I was refused permission to hunt. :( Those are the only two around me.

I tried an old parking lot that is grass over gravel, the gravel was a real pain to dig in. I prob didn't have the right kind of tool but any target over 2-3 inches was not worth it really. I was also getting false hits on some of the "hot" gravel.

Our drive ins where always solid gravel, no grass or dirt. There is only one left standing in my area. Rob

The Buffalo nickel I found was in an old driveway that was covered over with grass. It was only about 1" down. The good thing about the packed gravel I would think would be that the coins lost there probably didn't sink much. Just a theory

There really are a lot of coins to be had at drive-ins,the digging is difficult though,I suggest along with your regular digging tool bring a small rock hammer as well as a pair of goggles,I liken it more to hard rock mining than digging :}

Thanks for the links Rudy!! Saved em both to check out in detail later. I either missed these before or they were posted before I joined....anyhoo...Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom