Finding places to hunt

YARDBYRD

Ok, I can tell that I'm gonna get pm'd to death. :lol: Not that I don't enjoy it I just can't type fast enough to keep up with everyone.

Just go to www.lat-long.com . Some of you will be able to go down to your state and click on that and get some old schools But if you stay at the top of the page and just ignore where it says location ( don't type anything in there unless you know the exact name of what you are looking for)........Type your state........Type your county......... and click the scroll down and put in SCHOOL If you do this you should do well at finding historical school sites.

Now I don't know how many counties in what states have listings here, so If your county doesn't produce a result call your legislator, as it is of no fault of mine. If it was up to me......and it had been there at one time....you would se it there. But just think of the possibilities for going on vacation...You are going to visit the inlaws out of state and you have a list of historical school sites super glued to your detector your vacation is going to get much better....especially if the inlaws happen to know the people that own the land...get the hint.... this works out especially well for those whose better half has hounded them for awhile to visit their parents in another state..... you are happy they are happy Rural areas will be great for this as most of these locations are now farm fields... probably the easiest premission of all... and you can bring out the big digging tools and and save your knees.

Plus check out all of the bonus things on this site that are tucked away in the good old USA :duh: Happy hunting

I think I forgot the best part...DUH :duh: If you click on the historical school or place you have chosen ot will give you a pretty decent map on how to get there.. can't gaurentee if the coordinances are exact but it should get you close....This info with a combination of talking with the old timers in the area sounds like a recepie for success :D YARDBYRD out

Let me know how many people take a day off wrok. :yes: ............. :lol:

Well Done!

Yard,

Awesome sight!....just did a search of the county I live in and where I have been a police officer for almost twenty years....Found so many other locations I did not realize had historical significance....Well, guess I gotta go hound a few more people now for permission.... nobody ever seems to say no :?: (especially when I'm in uniform) :lol:

Yard byrd

I just want you to know, you are quite a Find. Your generosity in helping more people then you can keep up with, to be able to continue to enjoy this hobby, is truly overwhelming. Thank You

great resource

Thanks
I just tried it for my town and it did pinpoint an old school site I know about that is now a credit union.

I can't remember who it was here that hooked me up with Google earth but I just want to say thanks. This is a really cool deal guys and gals because you can check the schools and churches box on the left of the screen and once you learn how to pan the screen it's like flying over all the places you want to hunt. It also gives you Lat/Long coordinances. I know as far as the schools it shows historical schools as well as modern schools, so you'll have to do your homework as to what is what. I've got information on at least 3 schools within a few miles of where I live. Now it's time to figure out the new GPS and ask permission. :D

wow! thanks for the tip!

...looks like I have no less than 41 historical schools in my county.

thank you thank you this is awsome i have one school thats within 5 miles ,one that is 15miles and is next to a friend of mine property.so cool thanks scott

I think I had around 250 total schools in my county alone. Thank God for rural areas and one room schoolhouses.

:shock:  250????????
I thought I was in tall cotton.

on a side note,I'm going to try this spot out when my new detector comes in http://www.supportalps.org/About Stadium Park.htm
if I can locate the area where the old stage was searching the hill sides might yield some interesting finds.only downfall is this spot used to be a favorite "party spot" for teens and probably has lots of slaw.

sorry if i sound ignourant but haven,t you guys checked out plane photos taken from the sky, of all over the place.realy cool tool

Back
Top Bottom