Metal detectors and Travel

HappyOgre

Elite Member
I have been seeing that people travel all over the world with to metal detect. I believe they take their machines with them. My questions are related to transporting the detectors. Carry on? Packaged in original boxes? Getting through customs, both to and from with detectors and finds? I guess a whole host of curiosity

It probably depends on where your going and how your getting there? I went on a cruise and I kept mine and tools in a soft case and carried it onboard. Customs did look in the case getting on and off the boat.

I usually travel with my detector. Here are a few points. Check the country where you want to detect. Some places it's forbidden. Take all batteries out and take in carry on. AA battery pack if your unsure. If you havr a lot of equipment wrap them up with your clothes in the suitcase to insulate them. Baggage handlers have been known to have rough hands. If you need a travel scoop shaft handle send me a pm. Easy to put together and take apart and fits in a suitcase. Super strong.
Also an suitcase lock.. but nothing to draw attention

Would like to be able to take on on a trip to FL... I'd prefer to pack it small and bring it in a carry on, even if they'd have to search me. Like Steve, I wouldn't want my equipment getting thrown around multiple times (on and off the tractor, on and off the plane, etc). The sand scoop would be bulky though. I'd probably buy a small shovel there.

Back
Top Bottom