3 Rings: England.

Doug

Elite Member
Most of my hunting is on land but I go to the beach on the low tides more so on the spring tides.

Problem I have is there is very little natural sand movement, rings found between the high & low water marks.

The quite old ring was found on a beach which hold a motorcycle sand race every year, the sand is moved with a JCB into massive hills so this brings finds up from over the years.(see photo)

Thanks for looking..........Doug.

South coast beach at low water.
OweK7rI.jpg

Homemade silver ring with gold wire, found in the area in the above photograph.
9bPJuP1.jpg

Silver ring, north coast surfing beach.
xzLPqWw.jpg

Old ring from beach motorcycling area.

Post medieval: Copper alloy.

Date Range: Circa late 17th to 19th century, mine I would think is 19th century.

ojybSx8.jpg

A 'bit' of sand movement.
PZ3JNYA.jpg

Last edited:
A 3 ringer is a good day out , always look forward to what you find on land, congrats, Earl

Thanks Earl, just to clarify, rings found over several days.

I live between the north coast and south coast beaches so I can choose which beach to go to taking into account the wind speed and direction and height of tides.

North coast beaches are the surfing beaches with waves to match.

Now thats a motorcycle race.

Doug..... you getting to the States this year? You are going to have to come for the warm sunshine..... or hang with Deb if ya want to find gold.

Congrats on those finds.....

Dew

Doug that second ring is really unique. Did Christine claim it??

No Debby, Christine only claimed one thing I have found on the beach, a Fossil silver bracelet.

"Sand movement" :laughing:

Just a touch of sand movement!

sL3yG80.jpg

Congrats . A ring makes my day!

Thank you.

Now thats a motorcycle race.

Doug..... you getting to the States this year? You are going to have to come for the warm sunshine..... or hang with Deb if ya want to find gold.

Congrats on those finds.....

Dew

Thanks Dew.

We have plans to come across September/October 2018 will know for sure in the New year.

I keep asking Debby to leave some gold for me when I come across.

Nice Doug! Good to mix it up once in a while.

Thank you.

Doug, you are always thinking outside the box,,,,,keep hitting it and the gold will come,,,,,hope to see you next year,,,,Dew and Deb have all the gold,,,,:lol:GL HH

Tim.... the girls are kicking my butt this year. Doug...... thats a real good choice of months.

Doug, you are always thinking outside the box,,,,,keep hitting it and the gold will come,,,,,hope to see you next year,,,,Dew and Deb have all the gold,,,,:lol:GL HH

Thanks Tim, hope to be across to see my fellow Pirates next year, just need the local boys & girls to leave some 'treasure' for me to find.

Back
Top Bottom