Best beach hunt of 2017

Impressive!

Thanks!

I would expect nothing less from Japan, congrats on those great finds, top notch stuff! :cheers:

Thanks. The gold rings you tend to find her are usually 18K. I have found a few 10K and one 9K but all the rest are 18K.

Outstanding! Thank you for the pics!

You are welcome. Those are first I have posted in a long time.

Wow, that's a heck of a hunt!!!! Congrats!

It was my best beach hunt so far. I have found more than last year since I know where things are concentrated now but these are almost all dry sand finds. I know there is probably a lot more in the water.

thanx for the report from Japan. Some buddies and I have had long talks about going there from some beach hunting. If we only could time it in such a way as to arrive during erosion cycles (I dislike random dry sand hunting).

Because where I'm at in CA gets a lot of Japanese tourists (Monterey/Carmel golfing and tourism). And invariably, they look at you like you're from outer space. They simply have no concept of the idea of a metal detector. Nor could understand why someone would waste their time. They think we must be city employees or something, and ask "what are you doing?" etc...

This has caused me to figure that the hobby must not be that big in Japan. And if so, then the affluent economy (people wearing "bling"), and the high value coins ($1 and $5 as common as we carry quarters and dimes) should make for good beach action there.

thanx for the report from Japan. Some buddies and I have had long talks about going there from some beach hunting. If we only could time it in such a way as to arrive during erosion cycles (I dislike random dry sand hunting).

Because where I'm at in CA gets a lot of Japanese tourists (Monterey/Carmel golfing and tourism). And invariably, they look at you like you're from outer space. They simply have no concept of the idea of a metal detector. Nor could understand why someone would waste their time. They think we must be city employees or something, and ask "what are you doing?" etc...

This has caused me to figure that the hobby must not be that big in Japan. And if so, then the affluent economy (people wearing "bling"), and the high value coins ($1 and $5 as common as we carry quarters and dimes) should make for good beach action there.

Starting to see your interest in beach detecting Japan :)

And here I thought this was why you wanted to go :laughing:

bevy-japanese-girls-on-the-beach-in-beach-c3bee7380d10c61fcfcc982b7bca0b0c-large-1403543.jpg

Shheeesskk, how come we don't see THAT, at the places you and I hunt at cal-cobra ? It's starting to dawn on me that we're hunting in the wrong places. Let's hunt there on our next trip, ok ? Ohhh, I meant coins/jewelry, .... of course . :laughing:

I heard that THAT particular beach is the best one to detect for gold jewelry and coins :shock:

Back
Top Bottom