Watch out Florida and Mexico!

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Decided to leave Utah and the clad hill alone this year at least for now. I am planning a trip to Hollywood beach the first week in February to get away from this ugly fluffy white stuff.

I don't need anyone to give me ideas of a good place to hit but I would sure like ideas on a good place to stay on the ocean. If any of you Floridan's would send me a PM as to a good condo I would certainly appreciate it. I also would enjoy meeting any of you that are in the area.

Friday I got my Christmas present from one of my daughters. She is going to Cancun Mexico March 15th through the 21st with her son and boyfriend. She bought me a plane ticket. So I have a week to plunder the beaches of Mexico.

Hopefully a coin or two will find its way into my Sunspot 920 with a travel handle. I will be swinging my CZ-21 with the 10.5" coil in both places.

I bet some of you are sighing with relief that I don't swing an Excal or a PI machine. Actually I might have a Whites Dual Field but not sure at this time.

I hope to have a nice winter in warmer weather.

I'm minutes from Hollywood Beach. Premium price this time of year for lodging. I have a spare room you are welcome to use and would enjoy learning some of your tricks.

Steve

Come on down Scuba. We sun worshippers would love to have you down for a visit. I'm not anywhere near Hollywood but wish you luck and a Merry Christmas Buddy.

Thank YOU!!

The better, wrong machine, two heavy, the airlines will love you for paying them for the extra ton, as far as Hollywood beach, my buddy vacations their, he said he dives and gets the spline lobster's all week,great eating , so take a lobster bag and and rent a few air tanks, cant help you on the stay, only the Treasure coast, have a good time, as far as Mexico, stay away from the alcohol , i am sure you herd the story, Earl

Too heavy? LOL I hip mount the critters. GREAT machines. I just bought a Dual Field also

I'm minutes from Hollywood Beach. Premium price this time of year for lodging. I have a spare room you are welcome to use and would enjoy learning some of your tricks.

Steve

Steve, YOU are VERY KIND. I will PM you. THANKS!!

WOW folks. Thanks for the replies. I did just buy a barely used Whites Dual Field. 400.00 Now I have a PI machine to play with.

Do you have your hotel set up in cancun? Prices went way up over there because of the fact alot of the usual tourist hot spot Caribbean islands got wiped out this year with the storms.
If you want to come west on the pennisula I could put you up for a night, got a spare bedroom out past the pool...

Last edited:
Do you have your hotel set up in cancun? Prices went way up over there because of the fact alot of the usual tourist hot spot Caribbean islands got wiped out this year with the storms.
If you want to come west on the pennisula I could put you up for a night, got a spare bedroom out past the pool...

My daughter got a 2 bedroom condo for a week. All set there. Thanks Zee

Earl, I have never used a Dual Field. No idea how to make the critter work even. My CZ isn't too heavy for the airline. I have traveled with it before.

Take the DF to Florida , CZ to Mexico, Pulse delay just turn to you here a Click ON, than Gain, crank all the way up, only back it off if you have issues of de stabilization, last threshold were you want it comfortable to the ear, than dig to China :lol:, you will like the DF in Florida , never hunted Hollywood beach, but hunted with both Excalibur 10s on the treasure coast in 2010, i sad if i every come down here again , i will bring the DF, targets were deep, check with Felix on Hollywood just to be safe and NOT a lot of iron, were the DF is no good, enjoy your stay, don't forget the Lobster, if you can rent tanks, Earl

Not going to rent tanks. I am driving to Florida. I plan on bringing all my dive gear and 10 tanks. I will bring both the Dual Field and the CZ's when I come. I won't hurt a lobster. They are safe. The only thing that isn't safe is the metal in the water, no matter what kind it is. I plan on pilfering as much as possible. Even if it is just coins. I think the last time I was there was around 2010 also. I was at Daytona, Hollywood and South beach then. I spent a week at each on the water but don't remember where I stayed and unfortunately the person that took me has died.

Not going to rent tanks. I am driving to Florida. I plan on bringing all my dive gear and 10 tanks. I will bring both the Dual Field and the CZ's when I come. I won't hurt a lobster. They are safe. The only thing that isn't safe is the metal in the water, no matter what kind it is. I plan on pilfering as much as possible. Even if it is just coins. I think the last time I was there was around 2010 also. I was at Daytona, Hollywood and South beach then. I spent a week at each on the water but don't remember where I stayed and unfortunately the person that took me has died.

10 tanks? Holy #@*! There are dive shops on every corner down here. Getting a tank filled is easy peasy. Also, at a lot of the public beaches, scuba diving is prohibited. And any lost jewelry is going to be in less than 6 feet of water, generally speaking. A mask, weight belt, and 18 inch scoop work great for me. As for the DF, get ready for a coil that REALLY wants to float. Very hard on the wrist. Text me when you're down here, I'll turn you on to a cool spot.

10 tanks? Holy #@*! There are dive shops on every corner down here. Getting a tank filled is easy peasy. Also, at a lot of the public beaches, scuba diving is prohibited. And any lost jewelry is going to be in less than 6 feet of water, generally speaking. A mask, weight belt, and 18 inch scoop work great for me. As for the DF, get ready for a coil that REALLY wants to float. Very hard on the wrist. Text me when you're down here, I'll turn you on to a cool spot.

GREAT. Another one of Whites inventions? I had a BHID I used twice. Hated the thing. Stupid engineers who design stuff and never use it. I sold it FAST.

I will rethink the tanks. I have 14 and wanted to make sure with two of us we had enough so we don't have to look for air. I don't plan on staying at public beaches. I plan on hitting beaches behind condo's. I don't want any lifeguards bothering me at all. Had that when I was down there about 7 years ago. I will probably take you up on your offer. THANKS

I'll drive up to meet you for a hunt, or if you want some nicer scenery ;) ,you could drive down and I'll meet you anywhere on South - Miami Beach. If we hunt together I'll try to be hospitable and take care of all the Felix pennies for you!

Back
Top Bottom