Using a Nickel to Calibrate Your Detector

bibelot,

Sorry, I have been focusing a lot on Digger27 and not giving the general population due interest and attention. I see that now and thank you for giving me a reality check. :ewink: I get fixated sometimes and concentrate in one direction, ignoring everything else around me.

I think I was working on my last post to Rawhide while you were doing the above post. :laughing:

Anyway, thanks again for your reply. I'll try to give everyone more consideration in the future !

ToddB64

I have no problem with it. Digger's posts contains valuable information. Actually, I have forgotten why I had posted it that way. If you know where targets fall out at, you can differentiate targets better at a higher percentage than by going where they fall into the discrimination scale.people choose the lowly nickel because you can easily detect its highest detectable setting. Near impossible with a good conditioned penny or higher denomination coins....Good luck and many finds

I have no problem with it. Digger's posts contains valuable information. Actually, I have forgotten why I had posted it that way. If you know where targets fall out at, you can differentiate targets better at a higher percentage than by going where they fall into the discrimination scale.people choose the lowly nickel because you can easily detect its highest detectable setting. Near impossible with a good conditioned penny or higher denomination coins....Good luck and many finds

bibelot....."Good luck and many finds" to you friend !

Thanks for the good info. in all your replies ! :yes:

ToddB64

Im glad we can share what works for us.

It takes me a lot of research before I buy a detector. What I didn't want was two or more detectors that do the same thing exact thing. I also enjoy testing why my detectors read the same coin differently.

The thumbs up and down method can be duplicated on my detectors also. I like the F75 and Etrac as I can run several programs to check a target. I think you are one your way to getting the most out of your detector.

It takes me a lot of research before I buy a detector. What I didn't want was two or more detectors that do the same thing exact thing. I also enjoy testing why my detectors read the same coin differently.

The thumbs up and down method can be duplicated on my detectors also. I like the F75 and Etrac as I can run several programs to check a target. I think you are one your way to getting the most out of your detector.

Rawhide,

Thanks for the encouragement and I applaud your pragmatic approach to the detectors considered for your arsenal. That takes a good deal of self restraint.

I've learned a lot from everyone on this website and look forward to using that knowledge in hunts this year and on if my area ever gets a break from mother nature. It's been extremely hot, rainy and humid this summer in SW, Ohio and more to come through August ! I'm looking forward to September though. :waiting:

At age 76 with Diabetes and Parkinson's, my health isn't that good. I have to wait for a drop in temperature and no rain, plus I'm not permitted to drive anymore and have to wait for my wife to take me to the parks when she's not busy. It's hard to get that combination going ! Also, my strength usually runs out in about 2 hours, so everything considered I'm not getting many hours of detecting anymore. :(

Good Luck to you !

ToddB64

Back
Top Bottom