Recommendations needed on Mask and snorkel

Well first time with mine today..... you had to be there.:laughing::laughing::laughing: Ive got one of those ultra dry ones.... about time i wanted a gulp of air it wanted to close. I now totally see why you have to wear about 30 lbs of weight to detect. you have a scoop n one hand the detector in the other.... you cant swim down you have to be able to stoop and in salt water baby do you float even at nose deep. This is going to take some practice..... but its NICE to be able to see stuff on the bottom when the water is clear..... like Rolexs and cash. I can see some pro and cons already. Long beaches with nice deep valleys between the sand bar and shore you are good.... otherwise you are carrying a lot more weight when you are just waist deep. Bald heads and no hat.... and no glasses.

Dew

Indeed. Without a lot of weight I find it virtually impossible to press down on a scoop in anything deeper than chest deep. Add in a wetsuit and some waves and you've got exercise x2. I got a little better at using the waves to help drive me and the scoop down, but its still a lot of work.

I'm 6'5" 225lbs and use about 14-16 lbs and can make due, even with a wetsuit top. I wouldn't be comfortable recommending more than 18lbs.

Dew

I recommend a few hrs, just snorkeling :laughing:, my first time resulted in the best laugh at the beach day, it was to much to handle, :laughing:, never snorkeled before ,had a 12lb weight belt on, long fin's,excal 800, Rtg scoop, almost lost a fin, didn't even start detecting, or try it again, It is definitely a know how to snorkel 1st with fin's kinda thing :yes::roll::lol:, happy hunting Earl

Back
Top Bottom