How do you guys do it?

generalwalton

Seriously?!

Went out for about 2 hours at a local fresh water beach and metal detected with the Cibola in the sand. I haven't been detecting on sand in a very very long time but wanted to try out a new hand made sand scoop. My hat goes off to you guys that hunt in the sand all the time, I don't know how you do it. It's hot, there are always kids running around and you get sand on and in everything. The area seemed very hunted out and all I found was a few coins and a lot of trash. Normally I wouldn't post trash but the picture looked empty and lonely without it. The scoop worked out great though. I got 6 coins in 2 hours! In the grass in a public area I could pull that many in 5 minutes! Its a good thing the bikini girls make up for all the hard work for nothing. :lol:

Click for Larger View:

and my new homemade scoop:
scoop01.jpg

At least out got out there and found something. The scoop you have would work anyone to death. A light weight long handeled scoop makes it a lot eaiser, no bending over. But if you are young(I'm not) that scoop will do the job. Good Luck, Jim

:):):):)Everybody thinks it is easy:no:.Nice going!!I bet there is more in the water!!!Good luck and HH

It is tough, the digging may be easier than in hard soil but the number of targets alone makes up for the easy digging. I've put in maybe 12 hours over the past four nights and my shoulders are killing me. I'm just hitting it hard while the tides are low, next week i'll take it alot easier...
Congrats on the finds!

You know, I feel creepy enough standing around drooling, I think taking pictures would probably get the law called on me or worse yet the fiancée to beat me over the head with my detector. Actually the only reason I was there to begin with was because she wanted to lay out in her bikini. :D

I think I will keep sand hunting reserved for when I get really bored, it's fun but not productive for me, I'll stick to my dirt and grass.

I feel the same way about dry sand hunting, it's too hot. The
wet sand is for me.

Also, there's usually no reason to bend over for a bottle cap.
A few swipes of your foot in the sand will uncover it. Beaches I hunt
are so full to them, I'd be there all day if I scooped them all and
my rule is if I scoop it, I take it off the beach.

Back
Top Bottom