Found near a barn

relichead

Banned
Not sure what this actually is....hope the pros here can tell me ..it was under an over hang under a thick cover of leaves...

Attachments

• IMG_20200928_155848.jpg
    IMG_20200928_155848.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 384
A hook for hay bales, or possibly a butcher's hook? Size reference will help, but I'm sure someone will recognize it. Cool relic!

Could be a butcher hook. Could be a harness hanger. Without a clear pic and a size reference it's tough to tell what it is.

A hook for hay bales, or possibly a butcher's hook? Size reference will help, but I'm sure someone will recognize it. Cool relic!

Its about 20 plus inches from the bend to the top , there are threads that start near the beginning of the "hook" but only go for about 5 inches up the shaft , you can see the butterfly "nut" on the threads i dont understand what those threads and butterfly nut could possibly be for ...i dont think there would be threads near the hook of a meat hook as that wouldnt be sanitary.. but maybe they werent as hip to sanitary rules back then?

Looks like it might be a hook that attached to the rafters to hang stuff from.
The small hook would go over the rafter and the other small attachment would slide up and the nut would tighten and hold it in place.

Looks like it might be a hook that attached to the rafters to hang stuff from.
The small hook would go over the rafter and the other small attachment would slide up and the nut would tighten and hold it in place.

The threads dont do the length of the shaft..weird.. in this pic u see the threads are close to the hook..seems pretty useless

Looks like it would fasten/clamp to something (like an I-beam) and you would tighten up the wing nut to temporarily keep it from falling off. Then something would hang on the hook (like a ladder or similar)...

Back
Top Bottom