• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Factory reconditioned?

Novicehunter

I respect the opinions of the members here. So, what is everyone's opinion on buying a factory reconditioned Garrett AT Pro from a dealer, comes with a factory 2 year warranty. My thoughts 1.I could save a few $$ which would enable me to purchase sooner than later. 2. Theoretically, it has been inspected by a technician at Garrett, so it should be less risk than a used one on the open market. So, there are my thoughts, what's your thoughts?

I would buy one

As long as you understand its a roll of the dice.

I've gotten lots of refurb stuff over the years, only way a poor boy like me can afford some of the fancier toys I have.sometimes I got a bad one, but It always worked out because I deal with reputable sellers.

I dont see it bein any worse than any other reconditioned electronic device.

In fact, somewhat better, being a smaller company than say Sony, in sort of an undiversified market.......meaning they might TRY to do a good job with the reconditioning.

And it's still backed by a reputable warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Most electronics fail within a short time of owning. A two year factory warranty is a pretty nice offering. I would not pay more then 70 % of the MSRP.

You should be fine, however, I will point out I've seen refurbs go back out without even a good cleaning (especially in the rods).

If you are getting a written warranty from Garrett I find no problem with making the purchase. Price would be the determining factor for me based on the fact that it is a used machine.

Garrett customer support is solid. I would not hesitate if the price is reasonable.

Refurb means used. But if it comes with a full manufacturers warrenty then, and only then would I consider.

Usually a refurbished anything will look new and be quality inspected even more so than any unit off the manufacturing line.
Add in the full warranty at a deep discount and one can’t go wrong. IMHO!

Back
Top Bottom