River Silver

CharlieT84

Elite Member
Went to one of my fishing spots on the river this morning but instead of my fishing pole I brought the Nox 800. The weeds have grown up so much it was hard to impossible to swing the coil. The first half hour all I dug was 3 beer cans that sounded like dimes/quarters and then a few pull tabs and one clad quarter. I was headed back towards the car as the mosquitoes were killing me. I received a high read 35- 36 and thought it was more big junk. I cut a shallow plug and saw what I thought was the edge of a Morgan dollar as it was big. Then I pulled the below lovely lady out of her resting place. My first silver half. I was so excited.

Attachments

• IMG_0711ct.jpg
    IMG_0711ct.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_0712ct.jpg
    IMG_0712ct.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0713ct.jpg
    IMG_0713ct.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 344
I agree. I will try some more now and can't wait for the foliage to die off. I know I will be hitting it as soon as the snow is off it next year.

Went to one of my fishing spots on the river this morning but instead of my fishing pole I brought the Nox 800. The weeds have grown up so much it was hard to impossible to swing the coil. The first half hour all I dug was 3 beer cans that sounded like dimes/quarters and then a few pull tabs and one clad quarter. I was headed back towards the car as the mosquitoes were killing me. I received a high read 35- 36 and thought it was more big junk. I cut a shallow plug and saw what I thought was the edge of a Morgan dollar as it was big. Then I pulled the below lovely lady out of her resting place. My first silver half. I was so excited.

The one that did not get away. Nice job working it through the weeds. Nice-looking half congratulations!!

Thank you all. It's been a few days and I still can't stop holding and looking at the coin in disbelief. It was so shallow- 2" or so. Yet I found a new quarter that was closer to 6" there. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom