This morning was good, but this afternoon was better... a first for me

Call Me V

Mark and I went to a different park this afternoon from where I went this morning. We've hunted it several times before and found lots of clad, but the field is huge so there's lots to look for. At the same time, it isn't trashy so we don't have to dig a lot of trash.

My first target completely shocked me. It was a 1952 wheatie. We've never pulled anything older than the 70's from this park with the exception of an occasional 60's penny. An hour later I found another wheatie. A 1946D this time.

And not long after that I found what I've been hoping to find since I picked up my first detector last August... a Washington silver. It was beautiful coming out of the ground. I have two Rosie's, and a silver Canadian, but no quarters, until today.

The other interesting find was the Crazy Horse token. As soon as we got home Mark looked it up. It's a 1970 token given out by Husky Oil as part of a set. (https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/114535-husky-oil-co--crazy-horse-token)

Two more wheaties, a silver quarter, and a cool token... It was a great day!

Attachments

• IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_1594.jpg
    IMG_1594.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 334
Congrats on the finds! I found the Sitting Bull token from that series last year.

Nice silver quarter! I've had a hard time getting many of them this year. The first is always the best. Here's to many, many more!

VERY Nice Quarter.. My First last year was a 64 (just made it) but once I found one.. I found 4 more in the following Months.. funny how it goes that way.. something can be elusive and once you find it.. they just happen with More frequency..

Again CONGRATS on a VERY nice Coin !

Yes V, absolutely a great day. Congrats on the GW. The token is super sweet. I would love to dig one of those. HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom